The first new venue for 2020 is in Woodstock, Vermont, one of the prettiest classic New England towns you’ll ever come across. Local racer Gavin Vaughn, a veteran downhill and enduro pro, has had a big hand in developing the trail system on Mount Peg, right above town. According to Vaughn, the event will feature five stages accessed by three climbs. The stages will offer 500-700 feet of vertical descent and each will be 1-1.5 miles longs. The terrain is of moderate grade with a few short bands of rock and ledge. The trails are modern playful flow with plenty of natural tech mixed in on beautiful Vermont dirt. With Woodstock being a tourist town, there are plenty of places to stay and eat and camping will be available at Suicide Six bike park just up the road. The race is on May 31 and should be a blast.
While this venue just notes “Woodstock,” we can only imagine that the event will make use of the bike park at Suicide Six that is currently moving into its third year of existence. The LMNTL Bike Park has continued to develop trails and now has an amazing network accessed by their quad chairlift. It is also just a short drive or pedal out of town on route 12.
The town hosted the Woodstock Enduro in September of last year that was most likely a preview of this event and showcased all of the great riding to be had using the town of Woodstock as a jumping-off point. In addition to the gravity trails at Suicide Six, the town also has two other networks that are easily accessible from Main Street, where you can find great restaurants, lodging, and beautiful covered bridges.
Mt. Peg is located right behind the famed Woodstock Inn and extends south alongside route 106. The network has an incredible amount of diversity from technical descents to jump trails and everything in-between. These trails are more advanced in nature, but you can still find mellower routes throughout the trail map.
The Aquaduct Trails are the other system and these are located just west of town. The WAMBA pumptrack is at the base of the system and most of the trails branch off of the dirt road that heads up to Vondell Reservoir. There are a few new trails being built that drop down the backside of the ridge and are a bit more difficult in nature. This is a great area to bring the kids for some predominately beginner and intermediate runs.
May 30-31, 2020 MAXXIS SPECIALIZED ESC Enduro Series #3
Registration: Saturday 9-2 and Sunday 8-9
Practice: Saturday 9-4
Race: Sunday Enduro 9am
MAXXIS ESC Enduro Racer Categories
CLIF Kids Class 12 and Under
CLIF Enduro Lite
15 And Under
20 And Under Open
Male Pro Open
Female Pro Open
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2020
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
CLIF KIDS U12 = $.01
CLIF Enduro Lite = $65
AMATEURS = $80
PRO = $90
MAXXIS ESC SPECIALIZED ENDURO RACE REGISTRATION
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Refunds are available two up to weeks prior to the event, less $20 Handling fee via Paypal, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until the Wednesday prior to the event. Contact us at email@example.com
- SORRY BUT NO EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICIES
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2020 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2020 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
If you have not paid for your 2020 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and no ATM machines are on site.
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING – Available onsite for $20 but must be reserved online – Details to follow
WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday.
- FRIDAY – Open for public riding, tracks may be marked.
- SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. NO SHUTTLING, Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm
- SUNDAY – No pre-riding – RACE ONLY – NO SHUTTLING. Mandatory Racers Meeting 8:30. Race Start 9am. Registration 8am-9am
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Diamond Hill. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, no ATMs on site either.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete one Less Race Section. Our Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
MAXXIS ESC CLIF KIDS CLASS
Racers will not be charged for race registration and will receive a free race day lift pass if applicable. This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro races this class will compete on one less race segment. Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2020 to be eligible.
CLIF ENDURO LITE CLASS
This new for 2020 class will race for a reduced rate thanks to CLIF and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. CLIF ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the CLIF KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginner and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The Clif Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: CLIF Lite Class racers are required to stay with the CLIF Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. CLIF Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
Porta Potties onsite