July 11-12, 2020 MAXXIS ESC BOX SHOWDOWN
MAXXIS ESC Specialized Enduro Series
MAXXIS ESC Specialized Downhill Series
Sugarbush Bike Park is the perfect spot for enduro racing as the expansive resort covers a large amount of terrain within the heart of the Green Mountains. Riders will be challenged with diverse trails from wide-open ski runs to tight and technical singletrack.
Sugarbush has made a name for itself as being one of the roughest and rawest places to ride a bike in Vermont. The trails are all natural and do a great job of incorporating existing land features to make for a challenging run. Riders will enjoy the higher elevation and northerly location of this event in the dead of summer.
9am – 2pm Registration
Specialized DH and Specialized Enduro Practice 10:00am – 5:00pm
8am – 9am Registration
Specialized Enduro Racers Meeting 8:30am
Specialized Enduro Race Start 9:00am – No Practice
Specialized DH Practice 9:00am-11:15am
Specialized DH Race Start 11:30am
2020 MAXXIS ESC SPECIALIZED DOWNHILL CLASSES
• CLIF Kids U12 (12 and under)
• Youth U15 (15 and Under)
• Junior Amateur 15-18 (cat 2/3)
• Men Amateur 19-29 (cat 2/3)
• Veteran Amateur 30-39 (cat 2/3)
• Senior Amateur 40+ (cat 2/3)
• Junior Expert 15-18 (cat1)
• Men Expert 19-29 (cat1)
• Veteran Expert 30-39 (cat1)
• Senior Expert 40+ (cat1)
• Amateur Women (Cat 2/3)
• Masters 50+ (cat 1/2/3)
• Pro/Expert Women (pro and cat1)
• Pro Men (pro)
2020 MAXXIS ESC SPECIALIZED ENDURO CLASSES
• CLIF Kids Class (12 and Under)
• CLIF Enduro Lite Class
• 15 And Under
• 20 And Under Open
• 40+ Open
• Masters 50+
• Female Amateur
• Male Pro Open
• Female Pro Open
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2020
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
CLIF KIDS U12 = $.01
CLIF Enduro Lite = $35
AMATEURS = $50
PRO = $60
AMATEURS = $90
PRO = $110
Late/Onsite pricing is $10 more than regular entry rates
RACE FEES – Include a Sunday Lift Pass but DOES NOT INCLUDE A SATURDAY PRACTICE LIFT PASS:
SATURDAY PRACTICE LIFT PASS $30
MAXXIS ESC BOX SHOWDOWN RACE REGISTRATION
SPECIALIZED ENDURO and SPECIALIZED DH
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Refunds are available two up to weeks prior to the event, less $20 Handling fee via Paypal, contact us at email@example.com
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Once a refund is issued the same racer cannot re-register online for the same event, but they can onsite subject to availability
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until the Wednesday prior to the event. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SORRY BUT NO EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICIES
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2020 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2020 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
If you have not paid for your 2020 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and ATM machines are on site.
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Enduro Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING: Free camping available for race participants Friday – Sunday in Lot F. Showers available for $6.50 at The Sugarbush Health and Recreation Center (SHaRC). See Map.
- CAMPING – No fee for camping in Lot F only !
- Porta-Potties available.
- NO campfires allowed.
- Showers at the SHARC for $6.50.
- Competitor parking will be in Lot C and Heli Lot ONLY (no parking in Lot A or B).
- Absolutely NO camping in Lot B of Heli.
- Lot F is the only space to camp.
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a venue waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
Men’s and Women’s Pro Race Payouts:
1st = $750
2nd = $300
3rd = $200
4th = $100
5th = $50
Men’s and Women’s Pro Series Payouts:
1st = $2000
2nd = $750
3rd = $300
4th = $250
5th – $200
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, ATMs on site.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete one Less Race Section. Our Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
BOX COMPONENTS SHOWDOWNS
The “BOX Showdown” weekends will feature both Enduro and Down Hill races at the largest resorts on our schedule. BOX Components and the MAXXIS ESC will present high end prizing for the top three men and women that race both Enduro and Downhill during the weekend.
RACERS MUST FILL OUT THE BOX SHOWDOWN SHEET AT THE ENDURO TIMING DESK PRIOR TO THE START OF THE FIRST RACE OF THE EVENT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR BOX EAST COAST SHOWDOWN POINTS AND PRIZES
MAXXIS ESC CLIF KIDS CLASS
Racers will not be charged for race registration and will receive a free race day lift pass if applicable. This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro races this class will compete on one less race segment. Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2020 to be eligible.
CLIF ENDURO LITE CLASS
This new for 2020 class will race for a reduced rate thanks to CLIF and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. CLIF ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the CLIF KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginner and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The Clif Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: CLIF Lite Class racers are required to stay with the CLIF Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. CLIF Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED
AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!