2021 MAXXIS ESC Intense Downhill Race Series Information
Maxxis ESC Intense Cycles DH Series
May 23 Powder Ridge, CT
June 27 Blue Mountain, PA
July 11 Thunder Mountain, MA
July 25 Windham, NY
Aug 1 Bolton Valley, VT
Aug 29 Blue Mountain, PA
Sept 12 Sugarloaf, ME
Sept 26 Jiminy Peak, MA
Oct 3 Powder Ridge, CT
Oct 24 Mountain Creek, NJ – Series Finals 150% Points
2021 MAXXIS ESC INTENSE DOWNHILL CLASSES
- Kate’s Kids Class U12 (12 and under)
- Youth U15 (15 and Under)
- Junior Amateur 15-18 (cat 2/3)
- Men Amateur 19-29 (cat 2/3)
- Veteran Amateur 30-39 (cat 2/3)
- Senior Amateur 40+ (cat 2/3)
- Junior Expert 15-18 (cat1)
- Men Expert 19-29 (cat1)
- Veteran Expert 30-39 (cat1)
- Senior Expert 40+ (cat1)
- Amateur Women (Cat 2/3)
- Masters 50+ (cat 1/2/3)
- Pro/Expert Women (pro and cat1)
- Pro Men (pro)
A racer’s racing age is their age on December 31, 2021
NO Racing License Required
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2021 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2021 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a venue waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
KATE’S KIDS CLASS
- The Kate’s Kids Class preregistration fee is 100% Refunded after a parent volunteers and completes course marshaling for the race on Sunday.
- We’ll get you on course, give you an ESC Official’s T-Shirt, and an official ESC whistle. All you need is a fun attitude and a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
- This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go-arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro racers in this class will compete on one less race segment.
The racers in the KATE’S KIDS CLASS can only participate in one discipline at Box Showdowns.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2021 to be eligible.
MAXXIS Eastern States Cup DH Series Plan:
USA Cycling rules apply except no license requirement and no class/category restrictions
Race is permitted by an onsite Race Director
Race is officiated by an onsite Race Official
NO Annual or Day License is Required:
NO USAC or any other license is required to practice and race.
No Points will carry over a new class when a racer upgrades or downgrades their class.
MAXXIS ESC Series Race Podium:
Top 5 in every class make the podium
1st, 2nd and 3rd in every class receive Custom Maxxis ESC Podium Medals and Sponsor Prizes
4th and 5th place receive great products from Euroline Motorex
Venues may enhance prize packages with prizes.
MAXXIS ESC DH Men’s and Women’s Pro Race Payouts:
1st = $500
2nd = $250
3rd = $150
4th = $100
5th = $50
Küat LAST CALL
An exciting new addition this season is the Küat Last Call. It will work like this: At every Maxxis ESC stop, at the end of awards, we will draw one plate number from the weekend’s registered racers and IF they are present, they will win a Küat Hitch Rack. The hitch for the Hitch rack is: you’ve got to be present to win!
FLY SPEED ZONE
Fastest Racers in every class through the FLY SPEED ZONE are awarded a FLY aluminum waterbottle and the fastest man and woman amateur will receive a certificate for high-end FLY Racing gear.
BOX COMPONENTS SHOWDOWNS
The “BOX Showdown” weekends will feature both Enduro and Down Hill races at the largest resorts on our schedule. BOX Components and the MAXXIS ESC will present high end prizing for the top three men and women that race both Enduro and Downhill during the weekend.
INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have race with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program.
SDR Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded with a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing. The cash will be awarded as follows:
- $100 -1st
- 50 – 2nd
- $25 -3rd
MANDATORY MOVE UPS
Any Amateur that scores a time that would have won an age-eligible expert class must move up to that class, if 8 or more racers were in that expert class.
Any Amateur may be moved to the Expert Class at any time the ESC determines the move to be in the best interests competition.
Past ESC DH Amateur (Cat2/3) Series Champions from any prior season MUST race in the Expert Class (Cat1)
Past ESC DH Amateur (Cat2/3) Series Champions can petition to stay in the Amateur Class in writing via email to email@example.com
- The Maxxis ESC follows USAC DH rules for the most part
- The Maxxis ESC does allow reruns if the course was closed during the racers race run
- The Maxxis ESC does allow reruns if the timers request a new run due to a malfunction
- The Maxxis ESC does not allow reruns if a racer is impeded by another racer
Racers MUST be at the start for their posted start time, racers not at the start for their scheduled start time will be disqualified from the day’s competition if their Maxxis ESC Racer’s class results have been posted at the finish or registration area.
MAXXIS ESC DH Series Championship Qualifications:
MAXXIS ESC Intense Downhill Series Final is for 150% Series Points and counts as one race.
No minimum number of races needed to qualify for DH Series Championship Standings
Any ties will be broken by placement in the series final at Mountain Creek Bike Park.
Racers MUST be present at Series Finals Awards to Receive Awards or Cash Payouts!
In order to score series points, racers must complete the full race. DNFs do NOT score points
MAXXIS ESC DH Series Championship Awards
Men’s and Women’s Pro Series Payouts:
1st = $1000
2nd = $ 500
3rd = $ 250
4th = $150
5th – $100
RACERS MUST FILL OUT THE BOX SHOWDOWN SHEET AT THE ENDURO TIMING DESK PRIOR TO THE START OF THE FIRST RACE OF THE EVENT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR BOX EAST COAST SHOWDOWN POINTS AND PRIZES
ANY ACTION TO GIVE A RACER AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE AS DEEMED BY THE ESC CAN RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
MAXXIS ESC Zero Tolerance Policy
- Use of obscene or vulgar language to anyone at any time.
- Taunting of racers, officials or spectators by means of baiting, ridiculing, threat of physical violence or physical violence.
- Openly disputing or arguing any decision by an official.
- Visually displays any sign of dissatisfaction with an official’s decision
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!