May 16-17, 2020 MAXXIS ESC Specialized Enduro Series
Glen Park in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania lies right on the border with New Jersey and has some great elevation change for the area. The local mountain bike scene has grown exponentially in the past 5 years, and the Glen Park trail system has born the fruits of this growth. Volunteers take great care of the trails, bringing more and more mountain bikers to the area.
Glen Park drops most of its trails from a single ridge, making for an easy and familiar pedal back to the top. The runs are fast and wide open. There is not a ton of rock in these trails, which is not a common occurrence in Pennsylvania, but you will need to be comfortable with high-speed corners and drops. Dark dirt provides amazing traction for riders who are pushing the limits.
Registration: Saturday 9-2 and Sunday 8-9
Practice: Saturday 9-4
Race: Sunday Enduro 9am
MAXXIS ESC Enduro Racer Categories
CLIF Kids Class 12 and Under
CLIF Enduro Lite
15 And Under
20 And Under Open
Male Pro Open
Female Pro Open
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2020
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
CLIF KIDS U12 = $.01
CLIF Enduro Lite = $65
AMATEURS = $80
PRO = $90
Late/Onsite pricing is $10 more than regular entry rates
MAXXIS ESC SPECIALIZED ENDURO RACE REGISTRATION
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Refunds are available two up to weeks prior to the event, less $20 Handling fee via Paypal, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Once a refund is issued the same racer cannot re-register online for the same event, but they can onsite subject to availability
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until the Wednesday prior to the event. Contact us at email@example.com
- SORRY BUT NO EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICIES
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2020 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2020 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
If you have not paid for your 2020 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and no ATM machines are on site.
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Enduro Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING – Officially No Camping or Overnight Parking is available onsite for this event.
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a venue waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
Men’s and Women’s Pro Race Payouts:
1st = $750
2nd = $300
3rd = $200
4th = $100
5th = $50
Men’s and Women’s Pro Series Payouts:
1st = $2000
2nd = $750
3rd = $300
4th = $250
5th – $200
- FRIDAY – Open for public riding, tracks may be marked.
- SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. NO SHUTTLING, Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm
- SUNDAY – No pre-riding – RACE ONLY – NO SHUTTLING. Mandatory Racers Meeting 8:30. Race Start 9am. Registration 8am-9am
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, no ATMs on site either.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete one Less Race Section. Our Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
MAXXIS ESC CLIF KIDS CLASS
Racers will not be charged for race registration and will receive a free race day lift pass if applicable. This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro races this class will compete on one less race segment. Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2020 to be eligible.
CLIF ENDURO LITE CLASS
This new for 2020 class will race for a reduced rate thanks to CLIF and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. CLIF ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the CLIF KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginner and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The Clif Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: CLIF Lite Class racers are required to stay with the CLIF Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. CLIF Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
Porta Potties onsite
We had a great event last year at Glen Park in Stroudsburg, PA.
Here’s a link to the Pinkbike Report
Here’s the video:
Pocono Bike Club Facebook Page: CLICK HERE
Glen Park is a hidden gem for riders from multiple disciplines of mountain biking. Having been one of the original freeride/DH spots on the east coast in the 90’s you will find some big features including drops, gap jumps, doubles, and steep fall line chutes. For XC there are miles of trails with varying terrain. If you are looking to climb there are multiple ways to challenge yourself. The Glen truly shines for enduro riding. There are many great top to bottom runs filled with tons of flow. Enduro racing is becoming a regular occurrence at the Glen.
Parking is limited by the registration area. Overflow parking should use the streets in the neighborhood adjacent to Glen Park. Please respect homeowner’s lawns and driveways.
Directions: Glen Park is conveniently located off of Interstate 80 in Stroudsburg, PA.
From I-80 Eastbound: Exit 307, Park Avenue. Make a left on to Park Avenue. Make your first right on to Lennox St. Go one block and make a right on to Broad Street. Make a left on to Collins Street. Follow Collins Street all the way to the end to Glen Park.
From I-80 Westbound: Exit 307, Broad Street. Make a left on to Broad Street. Go two blocks and turn left on to Collins Street. Follow Collins Street all the way to the end to Glen Park.
**Glen Park is in a residential neighborhood. Please drive slowly, stop at all stop signs, and park where directed to do so.**
There officially is no camping at Glen Park however there are a lot of campsites in the area: CLICK HERE FOR CAMPSITE INFORMATION
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED
AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!