June 5-6, 2021 MAXXIS ESC Enduro Series
Glen Park in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania lies right on the border with New Jersey and has some great elevation change for the area. The local mountain bike scene has grown exponentially in the past 5 years, and the Glen Park trail system has born the fruits of this growth. Volunteers take great care of the trails, bringing more and more mountain bikers to the area.
Glen Park drops most of its trails from a single ridge, making for an easy and familiar pedal back to the top. The runs are fast and wide open. There is not a ton of rock in these trails, which is not a common occurrence in Pennsylvania, but you will need to be comfortable with high-speed corners and drops. Dark dirt provides amazing traction for riders who are pushing the limits.
3pm – 5pm Registration
9am – 2pm Registration
Enduro Practice 10:00am – 5:00pm
7:30am – 9am Late Registration
Box showdown Start 8:00am
Enduro Race Start 8:30am – No Practice
2021 MAXXIS ESC ENDURO CLASSES
• KATE’S Kids Class (12 and Under)
• KATE’S Enduro Lite Class
• 15 And Under
• 20 And Under Open
• 40+ Open
• Masters 50+
• Female Amateur
• Male Pro Open
• Female Pro Open
• Motorex E-Bike Class
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2021
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
KATES KIDS U12 = TBA
KATES Enduro Lite = TBA
AMATEURS = TBA
PRO = TBA
Late/Onsite pricing is $15 more than Online entry rates
MAXXIS ESC ENDURO RACE REGISTRATION
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
By registering, it is unequivocally understood that the participant(s) does not have any COVID19 indicators or signs/symptoms that would prohibit participation.
- No COVID symptoms, no signs and/or symptoms for 30 days
- Has not traveled out of the country in the last 30 days
- Has not encountered anyone who was infected with COVID19 in the last 30 days
- Has diligently followed CDC guidelines to prevent contraction of COVID19
Masks and social distancing and thermal body temperature checks will be required.
REGISTRATION OPENS May 21, 2021 RIGHT HERE
MAXXIS ESC RACE REGISTRATION
- Race Registration Opens two weeks prior to each event.
- Race Registration includes a Sunday Lift Pass at Lift Assisted events
- Discounted Saturday Lift Passes are available to Registered Racers Only
- On-Line Registration closes the Wednesday Prior to Event at 11:59pm
- Late Onsite Registration will be $15 more and CASH ONLY
MAXXIS ESC RACE REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
- Refunds are not available for any registrations
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until Wednesday Prior to Event 11:59pm
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Transfers
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2021 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2021 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
If you have not paid for your 2021 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and ATM machines are on site.
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Enduro Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
Please drive slowly through the neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING: There are several full-facility campgrounds in the area, overnight parking is allowed in the lower lots across the street from the lifts and lodge.
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a venue waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2021 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, ATMs on site.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- KATES KIDS CLASS – For DH the KATES Kids Class will do the same track. For the KATES Kids Class Enduro they will compete on one Less Race Section. Our Enduro Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
KATE’S KIDS CLASS
- The Kate’s Kids Class preregistration fee is 100% Refunded after a parent volunteers and completes course marshaling for the race on Sunday.
- We’ll get you on course, give you an ESC Official’s T-Shirt, and an official ESC whistle. All you need is a fun attitude and a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
- This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go-arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro racers in this class will compete on one less race segment.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2021 to be eligible.
KATE’S ENDURO LITE CLASS
This class will race for a reduced rate thanks to Kate’s Real Food and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. KATE’S ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the KATE’S KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginners and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The KATE’S Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: KATE’S Lite Class racers are required to stay with the KATE’S Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. KATE’S Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
CAMPING – Officially No Camping or Overnight Parking is available onsite for this event.
Porta Potties onsite
We had a great event last year at Glen Park in Stroudsburg, PA.
Here’s a link to the Pinkbike Report
Here’s the video:
Pocono Bike Club Facebook Page: CLICK HERE
Glen Park is a hidden gem for riders from multiple disciplines of mountain biking. Having been one of the original freeride/DH spots on the east coast in the 90’s you will find some big features including drops, gap jumps, doubles, and steep fall line chutes. For XC there are miles of trails with varying terrain. If you are looking to climb there are multiple ways to challenge yourself. The Glen truly shines for enduro riding. There are many great top to bottom runs filled with tons of flow. Enduro racing is becoming a regular occurrence at the Glen.
Parking is limited by the registration area. Overflow parking should use the streets in the neighborhood adjacent to Glen Park. Please respect homeowner’s lawns and driveways.
Directions: Glen Park is conveniently located off of Interstate 80 in Stroudsburg, PA.
From I-80 Eastbound: Exit 307, Park Avenue. Make a left on to Park Avenue. Make your first right on to Lennox St. Go one block and make a right on to Broad Street. Make a left on to Collins Street. Follow Collins Street all the way to the end to Glen Park.
From I-80 Westbound: Exit 307, Broad Street. Make a left on to Broad Street. Go two blocks and turn left on to Collins Street. Follow Collins Street all the way to the end to Glen Park.
**Glen Park is in a residential neighborhood. Please drive slowly, stop at all stop signs, and park where directed to do so.**
There officially is no camping at Glen Park however there are a lot of campsites in the area: CLICK HERE FOR CAMPSITE INFORMATION
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED
AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!