September 12-13, 2020 MAXXIS ESC Intense DH SeriesHey Maxxis ESC Intense DH racers, we are super excited to add our first visit to Connecticut this coming September 12-13 at Powder Ridge bike Park. We visited the resort recently and were stoked by our DH track there built by Maxxis ESC Pro Racer Jordan Newth. It has a great mix of drops, features, turns, and jumps. Racers will need to race them all perfectly to take the win. Expect the closest DH racing in our history. Connecticut’s first lift-served bike park, the Powder Ridge Mountain Park, and Resort made its debut in 2016 and serves up a variety of gravity-fed downhill trails and fun features in addition to the Powder Ridge Air Bag to help get your moves dialed. Powder Ridge brought in trail masters Dirtsculpt and added 3 new jump lines in 2018. A small, medium, and large line will be available as well as a pump track that the bike park added to its line up. They have also added even more tech trails that can be used for downhill racing.
GETTING TO POWDER RIDGEPowder Ridge is located in south central Connecticut, just off I-91 and less than 25 minutes from Hartford, New Haven, and Waterbury. COVID 19: Registration limited to 250 racers per event – Masks required when social distancing is not possible. Please note: We are working on a plan to deal with Social Distancing and making the event as safe as possible. We’ll get the details posted asap. Event – No official award ceremony but Pros must be available for their group podium picture following their Class results being posted. Pro Racers MUST be present at the Podium Picture to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts! Amateurs will be called up to collect their prizing 15 minutes after their class results are posted, to allow for protests. Our podium and backdrops will be set up for the racers that want to have their picture taken on the podium. Registration – Please download and fill out all the attached documents prior to getting in the registration line. Only racers registering should be in line with the exception of racers under 18 for them one parent or guardian should be in the registration line. Masks must be worn when registering or in the registration line. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in. Schedule:
DH Registration 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Lift Spins 12:00noon -7:00pm. DH Track open and marked.
Please visit Powder Ridge Website for Friday Lift passes.
9:00am – 1:00pm Intense DH Registration
10:00am – 7:00pm Intense DH Practice3:00pm – 8:00pm Food and Beverage Special: Burgers, Hotdogs and drafts at the base
8:00am – 10am Intense DH Registration 9:00am-11:00am Intense DH Practice
11:30am Intense DH Race Start2020 MAXXIS ESC INTENSE DOWNHILL CLASSES
• CLIF Kids U12 (12 and under)
• Youth U15 (15 and Under)
• Junior Amateur 15-18 (cat 2/3)
• Men Amateur 19-29 (cat 2/3)
• Veteran Amateur 30-39 (cat 2/3)
• Senior Amateur 40+ (cat 2/3)
• Junior Expert 15-18 (cat1)
• Men Expert 19-29 (cat1)
• Veteran Expert 30-39 (cat1)
• Senior Expert 40+ (cat1)
• Amateur Women (Cat 2/3)
• Masters 50+ (cat 1/2/3)
• Pro/Expert Women (pro and cat1)
• Pro Men (pro)
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENTPOLICIES:
- Refunds are available two up to weeks prior to the event, less $20 Handling fee via Paypal, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Once a refund is issued the same racer cannot re-register online for the same event, but they can onsite subject to availability
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until the Wednesday prior to the event. Contact us at email@example.com
- SORRY BUT NO EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICIES
Powder Ridge Bike Park COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Powder Ridge will operate at 50% capacity.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be at building entries and at the base of the lift.
- Guests will maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times over the entire property including parking lots and lift areas.
- Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow riders but also to resort employees. All employees will wear appropriate PPE
- Friday Practice Lift passes are available to purchase online only.
- Riders will handle only their own equipment and should not pick up anyone else’s gear
- Rental bikes will be available only through online transactions.
- Renters entering the Rental building must wear a mask.
- Bikes will be cleaned with disinfectant between each rental.
- Bring your own if you can
- Lifts will be limited to one person per chair, every other chair
- Riders must wear a mask or face covering when congregated in the base area and when they enter any building.
- “Wait Here” signs will be spaced 6 feet apart denoting the lift line.
- A gloved lift attendant will load each bike, sanitizing their gloved hands between bikes.
- Riders will load each chair solo unless with a child from their household.
- At the top a gloved attendant will take bikes off the chair and place them in a rack.
- A lift attendant at the top will disinfect the chair
- Open and operational with an increased cleaning and disinfecting schedule
- All guests must wear a mask or face covering while in the base area and inside any building.
- All high traffic surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day.
- Prominent display of multiple signs from the CDC Print Resources page to promote safe behavior, educate and reinforce proper handwashing.
- Restrooms will be “fogged” with disinfectant multiple times per day.
- Employ touchless entry, exit, flushing and faucets where possible.
- On the restaurant level, restroom traffic is one-way. Enter on the Southwest side (closest to lift three) and exit through the tavern.
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a Powder Ridge waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed. We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only INFORMATION:
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate, please.
- CASH ONLY– Exact Change Only
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- CLIF KIDS CLASS –No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!