MAXXIS ESC BOX Showdown #6 at Plattekill Mountain, NY
Presenting the 6TH BOX Showdown of 2019 featuring DH and Enduro racing. We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues for DH and Enduro Racing, it seems to be a popular choice.
HELMETS – MUST be worn properly everywhere at all times when on your bike
Racers that did not purchase a Saturday Lift Practice Pass at Pre-Registration and want to check in and ride on Saturday will have to purchase a Saturday Practice Pass at registration. No exceptions and no other passes accepted.
If you have not paid for your Saturday lift pass, plate or registration, please note it is CASH only.
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. Please review the 2019 MAXXIS ESC Enduro and DH rules on our website, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
Enduro racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
There will be a Plattekill Mountain paper waiver at registration, everyone needs to fill that along with the attached entry form and ESC waiver.
PLEASE NOTE: Plattekill Bike Park is closed Friday and no riding is allowed at the venue. We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
The ESC is renting the mountain and our insurance only covers racers. The only trails cleared and safe are the marked race trails. Only the race trails are open. All other trails are officially closed, sorry.
Camping will be allowed starting at 6pm Friday. The fee for onsite camping fee is $15 if paid for at Pre Registration. Onsite the fee is $20/vehicle until registration closes at 2pm Saturday. It will be $40 after that.
We will be checking for camping passes Saturday Night if you don’t have one you will be asked to leave the event.
$100 ENDURO TIMING CHIPS – We will be using our SIAC Fly By timing system for the enduro event. Please note if you do not return the SIAC Timing Chip you will owe us $100. Yes they cost that much. Other enduro series require the racers to use their own or rent them plus a deposit. We trust our racers until proven otherwise so please make sure to return the chip if you decide to leave early.
The DH racers do not need timing chips.
Please Note: GPS units on bars or stem may interfere with the SIAC Timing Chip so it’s best not to use one
The BOX Components Showdowns are contested within the Maxxis ESC. The seven 2019 “BOX Showdown” weekends will feature both Enduro and Down Hill races at the largest resorts on our schedule. The ESC will combine results from racers that compete in both disciplines.
BOX Components and the ESC will present high end prizing for the top three men and women that race both Enduro and Downhill during the weekend.
The festival atmosphere will bring together racers that haven’t met before, which will result in great fun for all.
Timing will be performed by All Sports Event, the great folks that we used after the first few races last season. Also back is the FLY SPEED ZONE that awards prizing for the fastest racers through the radar speed trap.
Please review the DH rules on the Easternstatescup.com website especially regarding reruns so there is no confusion on that matter.
Brand New this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program
One new rule change for all racers but will mostly impact the DH racers is, we are not allowing goggle tear-offs at any time during the events.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class will win some cool FOX Socks.
Also back this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT and the fastest in every class an FTD backpack with an FTD discount card inside, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too!. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims and the fastest in every class a custom water bottle filled with Clif Products it will be contested on STAGE 3.
Brand New this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program.
Another new program is the SDR Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded with a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing.
The FLY SPEED ZONE will be active during the race for a FLY Helmet to the fastest Amateur Man and Woman. The fastest in every class will receive a cool prize.
2019 MAXXIS ESC Gear in now available onsite, including: Socks, Hats, Pint Glasses, T Shirts and Fenders.
FRIDAY – Lifts not running – NO RIDING !!!
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open.
Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 10-6
SUNDAY – No pre-riding for enduro– RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am.
DH – Practice 9-11 Race Start at 11:30
Lift runs 9-3
- NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2019 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Plattekill and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in.
- CASH ONLY – Yup, ATM onsite
- PARKING – In the lot.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
- FOOD Plattekill’s kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch, their egg sandwiches are pretty darn good.
- SAFETY – Pattekill Mountain Rescue.
- CLIF KIDS CLASS –Will compete on Sections 4-1-3-5 in that order. The group will meet at the Maxxis ESC Registration tents at 11:00 Saturday for a group ride. Brad Couture will be leading and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. Parents may NOT ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS. Racers in this class may only race in one event, either DH or enduro but not both.
- AWARDS – Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!