MAXXIS ESC BOX Showdown #6 at Thunder Mountain, MA
Thank You for registering for the sixth BOX Showdown of 2018. We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues for DH and Enduro Racing, it seems to be a popular choice.
If you have not paid for your plate or registration, please note it is CASH only onsite.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
There will be a Thunder Mountain paper waiver at registration and everyone needs to fill that along with the entry form and ESC waiver.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
We will be camping and starting the enduro from the Charlemont Fairgrounds at 9 am Sunday. The racers meeting will take place at 8:30 at the fairgrounds. Racers will pedal to the Warfield trails and race three sections there. Then transfer by bike only to Thunder Mountain for on more race section. These are all new sections for the Maxxis ESC
SPECIAL RULES FOR ROAD TRANSFER:
- Ride bike on the road in the same direction as traffic
- Stop at red lights and stop signs, and obey other traffic signs
- Yield to traffic already on the road
- Yield before entering a roadway
- Yield before moving laterally or turning
- Ride single file and no “pack” riding
Downhill racers will be racing on Juggernaut to Schist, the first time the Maxxis ESC has used this trail for DH racing !
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RACERS MUST HAVE EITHER THEIR LIFT PASS IN PLAIN VIEW OR SEASON PASS READY TO SHOW, OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE DQ’D FROM THE EVENT
All Racers that want to compete in the BOX SHOWDOWN must sign in on the BOX SHOWDOWN Entry Sheet at registration. Failure to do so will exclude you from the competition. Please don’t forget, we really want you to be happy.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you have to chip in and out on the climb.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too! This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 4.
We have a new race trail at Thunder !! We will start on Juggernaut and finish on the lower portion of the Schist.
The FLY SPEED ZONE will be active during the race for a FLY Helmet to the fastest Amateur Man and Woman. The fastest in every class will receive a cool prize.
2018 MAXXIS ESC Gear in now available onsite, including: Socks, Hats, T Shirts and Fenders
FRIDAY – $30 pass available from Thunder. Courses will be marked. No registration.
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. Registration at Thunder Mountain at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 9-5
SUNDAY – No pre-riding for enduro– RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am. DH Practice ends at 11:30. Lift runs 9-5
DH Registration 8am-9am at Thunder Mountain
Enduro Registration 8am-9am at Charlemont Fairgrounds
- CAMPING – Camping for the ESC Box Showdown is at the Charlemont Fairgrounds. We will be holding an event at the Charlemont Fairgrounds and participants will be able to overnight there on Friday and Saturday for the event. The fairgrounds will be open starting at 6pm on Friday. There is a $10 venue fee for the weekend, cash only. No alcohol, open fires or fireworks are allowed at the fairgrounds. We will have a fire pit to hang out at and are planning a foot down contest and other activities Saturday. No electrical or RV hookups exist, but it is a beautiful old New England fairground with plenty of places to park your rig or setup a tent.
- A number of people have asked about setting up pits at Thunder Mountain for the weekend or driving down a camper during the day. People are free to set-up pits or park their RV in the parking lot during the day on Saturday and Sunday. If leave your pit set up on Saturday night, please know you do this at your own risk and Berkshire East nor ESC are not responsible for any personal belongings.
- Directions to Charlemont Fairgrounds: The fairgrounds are located .25 mile on 8A north off of route 2. Follow 8A until you come to a covered bridge (Bissell Bridge) and take a right up the hill before crossing the bridge. Most GPS devices should find Charlemont Fairgrounds if you search. Don’t type in the actual address as it will not lead you where you need to go.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2018 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Plattekill and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, ATM onsite
- PARKING– In the Lot
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
- FOOD Thunder Mountain’s kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch, their egg sandwiches are pretty darn good.
- SAFETY – Thunder Mountain Rescue.
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – May only participate in one discipline. They will compete on all 4 Sections. The will not skip any Stages. 2017’s MAXXIS ESC Pro DH and Enduro Champion Rachel Pageau – will be offering two free one-hour clinics. One for DH and one for enduro at most of our events this season. No sign up required just meet up at the ESC tents. Saturday 12 noon for Enduro and at 1pm for the DH kids. Brooks, 6-year-old son raced with us last year and had a blast. This year he is practice riding, racing and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. Michael has a son racing DH and will do the same as Brooks in our DH series. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration
- AWARDS – as always Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!