MAXXIS ESC Enduro #1 at Glen Park, Stroudsburg, PA
We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues, it seems to be a popular choice. Presently we are at 274 racers and boy are we excited to see everyone after a long winter. We have 26 spots open at onsite registration on a first come first served basis, so invite your friends !
If you have not paid for your plate or registration, please note it is CASH only and no ATM machines are on site.
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. The 2018 MAXXIS ESC Enduro rules are also attached, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting Glen Park, we do not want to upset the neighbors !
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We really want to ride our bike too !
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you have to chip in and out on the climb.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too!. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 5.
We will be closing out 2017 ESC Send it ! and 2017 CLIF Enduro East T-shirts and ESC socks by Sock Guy at registration for the discounted price of $10 each or mix and match: 3 for $25.
FRIDAY – Open for riding, tracks open.
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. NO SHUTTLING, Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm
SUNDAY – No pre-riding – RACE ONLY – NO SHUTTLING. Mandatory Racers Meeting 8:30. Race Start 9am. Registration 8am-9am
• NO SHUTTLING – That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
• NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2018 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Glen Park. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
• TRANSFER REFUELING STATION – Located on the common transfer compliments of The Arlington Diner at 834 N 9th St in Stroudsburg is providing the refreshments.
• CASH ONLY – Yup, no ATMs on site either.
• PARKING – Parking is in the lot at end of Collins St.. please do not block gate in baseball field lot on Saturday. If the lot are full please park legally in the designated area on the street, do not block driveways, hydrants and lock your car. No EZ Ups allowed on the streets.
• BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
• COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
• RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
• FOOD TRUCK – WABI SABI Will be onsite Saturday and Sunday Waffles with fresh berries, scrambled eggs, grilled home fries and sausage. Oatmeal. Lunch on Sunday will be yakisoba noodles and pulled pork sandwiches.
• POST RACE PARTY – FREE For Racers ! – featuring complimentary chili from Siamsa Irish Pub and complimentary Pizza by the Pocono Bike Club. Food will be available for your family and friends for a small fee.
• SAFETY – Northeast Search and Rescue.
• CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete on Sections 1,2,3 and 5. The will skip Stage 4. Brooks Nablo will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2 . Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration.
• RESTAURANTS– Please consider visiting the following race supporters for your dining: The Arlington Diner at 834 N 9th St in Stroudsburg and the Siamsa Irish Pub at 636 Main St in Stroudsburg.
• NEUTRAL SUPPORT– The Pocono Bike Company 601 Main St in Stroudsburg will be providing onsite neutral support in the Expo area. In case you need some parts or service.