Vittoria ESC Enduro #3 at Thunder Mountain
Thank You for registering for the third Vittoria ESC Enduro of 2017. We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues, it seems to be a popular choice. Presently we are at 240 racers and boy are we excited to break our all-time enduro attendance record!
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. The 2017 Vittoria ESC Enduro rules are also attached, there have been some changes so it would be best to read everything.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon, if you pre-registered and paid in full you can pick up your timing chip and check in to avoid the line on Saturday morning. We can issue your plate too.
This is informal registration when we are at the tents as we’ll be still setting things up on the tracks.
• Fill out the Thunder Mountain Waiver or you can do that ahead of time here: http://thundermountainbikepark.com/waiver/
• Fill out the ESC registration sheet and sign the ESC waiver on the back, I did attach both to this email so you can do that ahead of time too.
• Then check in at Thunder Mountain Desk inside the lodge. They will check everything and hand the Registration sheet back to you.
• Bring the CHECKED filled out registration sheet to the ESC tents and we’ll issue chips and answer any questions about the event.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you have to chip in and out on the climb. If you fail to chip in and out on the climb you will be assessed a time penalty. The climb will take place between race section 1 and 2. Lifts may be used for practice and for race sections 1,3 and 4
New this year is the ALEX RIMS Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 4.
We will be back at Thunder for the $10,000 CLIF Enduro East EWS Qualifier September 9-10. Full information is here: http://www.enduroeast.com/
We will be selling 2017 ESC and CLIF Enduro East socks by Sock Guy at registration for $15/pair.
• FRIDAY – Open for riding, tracks open
• SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. Registration 9am-2pm
• SUNDAY – No enduro pre riding – RACE ONLY. Mandatory Racers Meeting 9:00. Race Start 9am. Registration 8am-9am
• BOX Showdown racers (Enduro and DH) will start the Enduro at 8:30am and be expected to race with their DH class.
• NO CLIMBING ON FRIDAY – The bike park is open on Friday so free riders will be heading down the climb.
• RACERS ONLY – Saturday and Sunday. If you are riding a bike you must have your plate on and have registered to RACE. No exceptions !
• NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2017 Vittoria Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Thunder Mountain. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
• CAMPING – Camping is available in the parking lot at $10 per car per night and $15 per Campervan/RV per night. Please pay for camping at registration. You will be issued a payment card to be put in the dash of your vehicle. Trash cans and a porta-potty will be available in the parking lot. Please help us by putting trash either in the trash can or in a trash bag. We will come by periodically to pick up any bags that you have.
• OPEN FIRES – Thunder Mountain asks that people don’t have open fires. A burnt down bike park is a no fun park.
• ALCOHOL – Please remember that Thunder Mountain’s liquor license does not allow outside alcohol on the premise and all alcohol purchased must remain on our building premise, which includes the deck and concrete patio. We love beer as much as the next person, but please comply.
BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
• RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
Vittoria DUAL SLALOM
Thunder Mountain will be hosting a Vittoria dual slalom the evening of Saturday June 3rd. Qualifying rounds with top 16 Elimination Round in expert and top 8 Elimination round in Amateur Men and Women.
• $250 Winner Takes All prizing for Expert Men and for Expert Women Classes, presented by Vittoria.
• Expert Men:$20 entry | Expert Women: $20 entry
• Amateur Men: $15 entry | Amateur Women: $15 entry
• Open U14: $10 entry