at Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Friday – Pass available from Thunder Mountain
10:00am – 5:00pm Lift spins
Saturday – Pass Included with Race Registration
9:00am – 1:00pm Registration
9:00am – 5:00pm Stan’s Enduro Practice
11:00 am Kates Kids 12U Group Ride
Sunday – Pass Included with Race Registration
8:00am – 8:15am Late Registration
8:15am Kates kids 12U and Youth 14U Start
8:15am Stan’s Enduro Racer’s Meeting
8:30am Stan’s Enduro Race Start– No Practice
Series Finals Awards ceremony 15 minutes after last racers finishes.
- Racers Must start with their class and at the assigned time. If a racer misses their class starting times, they will incur a time penalty or disqualification.
- Final Class Results will be posted 5 minutes after the last racer finishes in each class.
- Each racer’s time and current positioning will be available as soon as they finish.
- We will award medals and prizes at our tents 15 minutes after the Final Class Results have been posted.
- No Reruns unless the course is closed during your race run.
- Do Not Stand Close to Start or Finish Beacons. Your Timing Chip could fill up with impulses resulting in a DQ and nobody wants that!
- Series Finals Awards ceremony 15 minutes after last racers finishes. You have to be present to collect any series prizes
PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR LIFT PASS, OTHERWISE IF YOU LOSE IT YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT FROM THUNDER MOUNTAIN
** NOTE: All riders on the Race and Transfer segments at Thunder Mountain and the Warfield Trails on Saturday and Sunday must be registered racers with number plates. Can you imagine if all 300+ racers brought a friend?
Ebikes allowed only for Ebike Enduro Racers At the venue from Saturday 8am-Sunday 4pm
There will be a Mandatory ENDURO Racers Meeting at 8:15am Sunday
Please watch our Virtual Racer Meeting as we will not cover this info at the live meeting: Mandatory Virtual Enduro Racers Meeting Click Here
The NEUTRAL PIT AREA is the Thunder Mountain Parking lot only, no assistance allowed elsewhere.
SPECIAL Thunder Mountain RULES
We hate rules as much as you do but to be able to have an event Charlemont we must enforce the following event specific rules or the offending racer will be disqualified:
Kate’s Enduro Kids 12U, Youth 14U and Kate’s Enduro Lite:
- Racers MUST stay with the Maxxis ESC Adult Group leaders during the race.
- Kate’s Kids Class and Kates Enduro Lite Class – Will start at 8:15 and will compete on sections:
- Kates Kids 12U will compete on 3-4-5-modified 1 IN THAT ORDER.
- Youth 14U will compete on 3-4-5-1
- The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration.
- Saturday Kates Kids Group Ride meet at registration tents at 11am
No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers.
Motorex E Bike Class – The Motorex Ebike Class will compete on the same stages as as everyone else.
ONLY Motorex Ebike Class Racers may use E bikes from 9 am Saturday to the event end Sunday on the race trails. Motorex Ebike Racers will be identified by their ESC race plates
NO SHUTTLING – That goes for everyone from 9 am Saturday to the events end Sunday. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling, you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. Please review the 2023 MAXXIS ESC Enduro rules on our website, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
$100 TIMING CHIPS – We will be using our SIAC Fly By timing system for this event. Please note if you do not return the SIAC Timing Chip you will owe us $100. Yes, they cost that much. Other enduro series require the racers to use their own or rent them plus a deposit. We trust our racers until proven otherwise so please make sure to return the chip if you decide to leave early.
Please Note: GPS units on bars, stem or wrist may interfere with the SIAC Timing Chip so it’s best not to use one
Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips.
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting Thunder Mountain, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
Also back this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT and the fastest in every class an FTD backpack with an FTD discount card inside, it will be contested on STAGE 1. Please note the winners will be announced and prizes awarded after the last racer has finished. Racers must be present to win awards
Back again this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program
Another new program is the ESC Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded with a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing.
We will be offering our 2023 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses, T Shirts, jerseys and other swag at our registration tents, please remember its cash only.
Please note there is no other overnight parking or camping in Charlemont, including the school grounds. The town has notified us that at our last race some racers were trespassing in School Grounds. The town will be policing.
Parking Lot at Thunder – A number of people have asked about setting up pits at Thunder Mountain for the weekend. Due to parking restraints, pits must be compact and Thunder Mountain reserves the right to ask for any pits to be removed if necessary. No pits shall remain up overnight.
The only camping in the lot is for RV and Trailers that have paid reserved spots issued by Thunder Mountain. These spots are SOLD OUT. There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING at Thunder
CAMPING – Overnight Parking is offered as part of the ESC Oakley Showdown at the Charlemont Fairgrounds. Participants will be able to overnight there on Friday and Saturday. The fairgrounds will be open starting at 5:30pm on Friday. Please don’t set-up before being directed to your site.
No alcohol, open fires, or fireworks are allowed at the fairgrounds. No electrical or RV hookups exist, but it is a beautiful old New England fairground with plenty of places to park your rig or set up a tent.
There are bathrooms in the grandstands.
The ADMISSION fee is per vehicle with up to 4 persons per vehicle, one vehicle equals one camping site. The ADMISSION FEE APPLIES TO VISITORS TO THE FAIRGROUNDS
• Friday and Saturday $40/ cars – trucks – RV/Trailer
• Saturday $30/ cars – trucks – RV/Trailer
• Cash only onsite only – No reservations or holds
• There is no Friday-only option
• All vehicles must display the ADMISSION pass on their windshields while in the campground
• If your ADMISSION pass is lost, you will have to purchase a replacement at full cost
**Please note visitors will be charged the same fee as Campers to enter the fairgrounds.**
Directions to Charlemont Fairgrounds: Go North on Route 2. Follow 8A until you come to a covered bridge (Bissell Bridge) and take a right up the hill before crossing the bridge. Most GPS devices should find Charlemont Fairgrounds if you search. Don’t type in the actual address as it will not lead you where you need to go.
RV’s are strongly encouraged to remain at the Fairgrounds during the day as parking may be limited at Thunder. Due to parking restraints, pits must be compact and Thunder Mountain reserves the right to ask for any pits to be removed if necessary. No pits shall remain up overnight.
The only camping in the lot is for RV and Trailers that have paid reserved spots issued by Thunder Mountain and they are SOLD OUT for this weekend.
There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING at Thunder Mountain Available.
NUMBER PLATES – All racers must always have a 2023 Maxxis ESC Number plate attached to their bike while riding on the race tracks after 9am Saturday until event end on Sunday afternoon. If you have not paid for your 2022 Maxxis ESC number plate or registration.
WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday.
- – That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling, you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- CASH ONLY –ATMs on site
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
Attach Thunder and ESC waiver DH and Enduro reg sheet maps