Maxxis ESC Enduro Finals presented by Kate’s Real Food
October 16-17 ,2021
150% MAXXIS ESC Enduro Ranking Points
The Maxxis Eastern States Cup is proud to present the MAXXIS ESC Specialized Enduro Finals at Mountain Creek Bike Park in Vernon, NJ. The Bike Park is conveniently located approximately 50 miles from New York City and the many Airports in the area.
For the Series Finals, The Maxxis Eastern States Cup and Mountain Creek Bike Park will be putting together an enduro race that utilizes all of the resort’s four interconnected mountain peaks. This event will give racers the opportunity to ride terrain typically not accessible to the Bike Park guests and stages will be designed to challenge both racer’s fitness and bike handling skills across a variety of terrain.
Nestled into the foothills of the Appalachian mountain range in the northernmost corner of New Jersey, Mountain Creek packs a punch well beyond its 1400ft elevation would have you think. Known for its classically east-coast technical terrain and square-edged rock gardens, Mountain Creek has long been a staple destination on the Northeast race scene since the resort first opened to Mountain Biking in 1999. The birthplace of the US Open of Mountain Biking and a regular on the USA Cycling ProGRT and Maxxis Eastern States Cup calendars, Mountain Creek consistently delivers racecourses that challenge and satisfy even the most seasoned racers.
3pm – 5pm Registration
9am – 2pm Registration
Enduro Practice 10:00am – 5:00pm
7:30am – 9am Late Registration
Box showdown Start 8:00am
Enduro Race Start 8:30am – No Practice
2021 MAXXIS ESC ENDURO CLASSES
• KATE’S Kids Class (12 and Under)
• KATE’S Enduro Lite Class
• 15 And Under
• 20 And Under Open
• 40+ Open
• Masters 50+
• Female Amateur
• Male Pro Open
• Female Pro Open
Motorex E-Bike Class Not available at this venue
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2021
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
KATES KIDS U12 = TBA
KATES Enduro Lite = TBA
AMATEURS = TBA
PRO = TBA
Late/Onsite pricing is $15 more than Online entry rates
MAXXIS ESC ENDURO RACE REGISTRATION
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
By registering, it is unequivocally understood that the participant(s) does not have any COVID19 indicators or signs/symptoms that would prohibit participation.
- No COVID symptoms, no signs and/or symptoms for 30 days
- Has not traveled out of the country in the last 30 days
- Has not encountered anyone who was infected with COVID19 in the last 30 days
- Has diligently followed CDC guidelines to prevent contraction of COVID19
Masks and social distancing and thermal body temperature checks will be required.
REGISTRATION OPENS October 2, 2021 RIGHT HERE
MAXXIS ESC RACE REGISTRATION
- Race Registration Opens two weeks prior to each event.
- Race Registration includes a Sunday Lift Pass at Lift Assisted events
- Discounted Saturday Lift Passes are available to Registered Racers Only
- On-Line Registration closes the Wednesday Prior to Event at 11:59pm
- Late Onsite Registration will be $15 more and CASH ONLY
MAXXIS ESC RACE REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
- Refunds are not available for any registrations
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until Wednesday Prior to Event 11:59pm
- Contact us at email@example.com for Transfers
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2021 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2021 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
If you have not paid for your 2021 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and ATM machines are on site.
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Enduro Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
Please drive slowly through the neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING: There are several full-facility campgrounds in the area, overnight parking is allowed in the lower lots across the street from the lifts and lodge.
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a venue waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2021 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, ATMs on site.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- KATES KIDS CLASS – For DH the KATES Kids Class will do the same track. For the KATES Kids Class Enduro they will compete on one Less Race Section. Our Enduro Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
KATE’S KIDS CLASS
- The Kate’s Kids Class preregistration fee is 100% Refunded after a parent volunteers and completes course marshaling for the race on Sunday.
- We’ll get you on course, give you an ESC Official’s T-Shirt, and an official ESC whistle. All you need is a fun attitude and a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
- This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go-arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro racers in this class will compete on one less race segment
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2021 to be eligible.
KATE’S ENDURO LITE CLASS
This class will race for a reduced rate thanks to Kate’s Real Food and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. KATE’S ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the KATE’S KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginners and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The KATE’S Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: KATE’S Lite Class racers are required to stay with the KATE’S Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. KATE’S Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
2019 Maxxis ESC Box Showdown Report and Video https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Eastern-States-Cup/blog/race-report-and-video-maxxis-esc-box-components-showdown-mountain-creek-nj.html
2018 Maxxis ESC Box Showdown Report and Video https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Eastern-States-Cup/blog/race-report-maxxis-eastern-states-cup-showdown-dh-amp-enduro-at-mountain-creek-nj.html
2018 Enduro East EWS Qualifier Report and Video https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Eastern-States-Cup/blog/clif-enduro-east-ews-qualifier-at-mountain-creek-new-jersey-day-2.html
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
Distinctly East Coast. Accessible to all.
Here at Mountain Creek Bike Park we’re not shy about where we’ve come from. Built by riders, for riders, our network of 51 trails will challenge everyone from the beginner mountain biker all the way up to World Cup downhill racers.
The terrain at Mountain Creek Bike Park is some of the best you’ll find on the East Coast. All with a full 1,040 feet of vertical serviced by a high speed open air gondola. Our trails encompass rocky and rugged technical trails, rolling flow zones and more than 60 jumps and features.
These are just a few reasons why Mountain Creek was voted the number one bike park in the Mid Atlantic region by mtbparks.com in 2013 through 2015!
Welcome to Mountain Creek Bike Park. Ride on.
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED
AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!