MAXXIS ESC Outbound Lighting Night Enduro at Powder Ridge Park, Middlefield CT
We are excited to head to one of the most fun venues we have ever visited. Last year the ESC held two DH races and an enduro at Powder Ridge, the racers were thrilled and surprised at the quality of the trails the fantastic camping, and the onsite nightlife featuring a great outdoor restaurant and fireside bar. This weekend there will be an Octoberfest featuring two live bands on Saturday Night while the enduro racers are racing in the Outbound Lighting Night Enduro and the lift will be spinning for spectators at $5 per day for unlimited rides
ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A LIGHT ATTACHED TO THEIR BIKE OR BODY
The neutral pit area is the parking/camping lot and base, no assistance is allowed elsewhere.
• Number Plates must be used.
• Lights required and working.
• Racers Must start with their classes no exceptions
• We will be using rolling awards, the awards will be presented 15 minutes after the last racer in each class finishes
• No Reruns for any reason except course closure
• No Reruns for any reason except course closure
• Racers Must start with their class and at the assigned time.
• We will be using rolling awards, the awards will be presented 15 minutes after the last racer in each class finishes, so if a racer misses their class they will not get a finishing position or series points
• All Day Lift Rides for spectators, without a bike available for $5 from Powder Ridge.
• Spectators must stay off the courses at all times.
• Night Enduro Spectators may not use Flash Photography
• Night Enduro Spectators must be aware of their flashlights/headlamps and not shine them on the courses EVER!
If you have not paid for your 2021 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and no ATM machines are on site.
Attached are a couple of documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. The 2021 MAXXIS ESC Enduro rules are available HERE, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
Racers must be present at the base area, where we will activate their chips and call them up to start their two waves in the following order:
Racers have 4 hours to complete the event based on their start time.
Please drive slowly through the neighborhood while visiting Powder Ridge, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
The FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge will not be contested this weekend due to using one transfer and the crowding that would occur
Also back this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT and the fastest in every class an FTD backpack with an FTD discount card inside, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
Back this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have race with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program.
Another new program is the SDR Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing. The cash will be awarded as follows
$50 – 2nd
We will be offering our 2021 Maxxis ESC Jerseys, Socks, Pint Glasses, and T-Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only.
TRANSFERS – Racers must follow the direction of the transfer, for this event, there is one common transfer for all 5 stages. Please be aware or the other racers on the transfer.
ONLY Motorex Ebike Class Racers may use E-bikes from 9 am Saturday to the end of the event Sunday on the trails at Powder Ridge. Motorex Ebike Racers will be identified by their yellow ESC race plates
NUMBER PLATES – All racers must always have a 2021 Maxxis ESC Number plate attached to their bike while riding at Powder Ridge after 9 am Saturday until the event end on Sunday afternoon.
WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check-in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday.
Open Fires allowed in the supplied Powder Ridge Fire Rings ONLY. No other campfires allowed
PLEASE set up in a marked camping spot that you have paid for only.
If you set up elsewhere you have to move!
There is no overnight parking except for the campsites.
All Day Lift Rides for spectators, without a bike available for $5 from Powder Ridge
10:00am – 5:00pm Powder Ridge Lift spins – Passes available onsite from Powder Ridge
9am – 2pm Registration
9am – 6pm Intense DH Practice – Two lifts running
9am – 5pm Enduro Practice
5:30 Enduro Racer’s Meeting
6:00 pm Enduro Race Start – No Enduro Practice allowed after 5pm. Pedal Enduro – no lift for race.
7:30am – 8:30am Late DH Registration
8:00am-11:00am Intense DH Practice
11:30 Intense DH Race Start Preliminary Individual and Class start times posted onsite Saturday Afternoon
- NO SHUTTLING – That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Diamond Hill. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY – Yup, no ATMs on site either.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
KATE’S KIDS CLASS and KATE’S LITE CLASS – For DH the KATES Kids Class will do the same track. Our Enduro Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 10:00 am. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS