** NOTE: All riders at Glen Park on Saturday and Sunday must be registered racers with number plates. Can you imagine if all 200+ racers brought a friend?
WATCH THIS AND KNOW THIS!!
Thank You for registering for the second MAXXIS ESC Specialized Enduro of 2020. We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues and the current enduro mtb attendance record venue, it seems to be a popular choice.
As you can imagine there are some new policies due to Covid-19, we’ll list some of them here but please use common sense at all times. A couple bad pictures or someone getting sick at our events could jeopardize the 2020 Maxxis ESC season and none of us wants that.
If you have a fever, symptoms or are afraid of catching Covid-19 please stay at home.
Registration – Please download and fill out all the attached documents prior to getting in the registration line. Only racers registering should be in line with the exception of racers under 18 for them one parent or guardian should be in the registration line. Masks must be worn when registering or in the registration line. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in.
Pro Racers Must be on the podium when called to receive any prizing – For all other classes we will be calling up the top 5 racers 10 minutes after their class has completed and the results have been posted.
Racers must be present when their class is called up to activate their chips. Do not start the race without doing so or you will not get your racing times and be DQ’d.
On the Trails:
- Riders are encouraged to only ride those they arrived with
- Riders are encouraged to continue using their masks while riding
- Rider spacing of at least 20 meters is encouraged to avoid the “slipstream” of exhalation
- If stopping along a trail, stopped riders must move at least 6’ off the trail tread while stopped
- Ride within your limits. We understand everyone is ready to get out and shred. Progression and testing your limits can wait. Ride smart, ride safe!
- All elements of the Mountain Bikers Code of Conduct should continue to be followed
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. Please review the 2020 MAXXIS ESC Enduro and DH rules on our website, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
$100 TIMING CHIPS – We will be using our SIAC Fly By timing system for this event. Please note if you do not return the SIAC Timing Chip you will owe us $100. Yes they cost that much. Other enduro series require the racers to use their own or rent them plus a deposit. We trust our racers until proven otherwise so please make sure to return the chip if you decide to leave early.
Please Note: GPS units on bars or stem may interfere with the SIAC Timing Chip so it’s best not to use one
Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips.
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting Glen Park, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class will win some cool FOX Socks. Please note the winners will be announced and prizes awarded after the last racer has finished. Racers must be present to win awards
Also back this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT and the fastest in every class an FTD backpack with an FTD discount card inside, it will be contested on STAGE 1. Please note the winners will be announced and prizes awarded after the last racer has finished. Racers must be present to win awards
Back again this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program
Another new program is the SDR Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded with a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing.
We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only.
CAMPING –No “official” camping at Glen Park,
NUMBER PLATES – All racers must always have a 2020 Maxxis ESC Number plate attached to their bike while riding at Glen Park after 9am Saturday until event end on Sunday afternoon. If you have not paid for your 2020 Maxxis ESC number plate or registration, please note it is EXACT CASH only, due to Covid 19 we will not be recirculating cash or making change.
WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday.
FRIDAY – Open for public riding, tracks may be marked.
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. NO SHUTTLING, Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm
SUNDAY – No pre-riding – RACE ONLY – NO SHUTTLING. Registration 8am-9am – Race Start 9am.
· NO SHUTTLING – That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
· NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend.. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
· PARKING – Parking is in the lot at end of Collins St..No parking in next to the ballfield, that area is reserved for registration and registered teams only. Please do not block gate in baseball field lot. If the lot are full please park legally in the designated area on the street, do not block driveways, hydrants and lock your car. No EZ Ups allowed on the streets.
· CASH ONLY – Exact amount only, no change will be given due to Covid-19 Yup, no ATMs on site either.
· BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
· COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
· RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
· CLIF KIDS CLASS and CLIF ENDURO LITE CLASS – SOLD OUT
· Will compete on sections 4-5-2-3 in that order. Our Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 12noon. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers.