MAXXIS ESC BOX Showdown #7 at Mountain Creek Bike Park
We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues for DH and Enduro Racing, this will be our first race back at MCBP after a one year hiatus.
If you have not paid for your plate, registration and/or Saturdays Lift Pass, please note it is CASH only onsite.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
After checking in/registering at our tents racers will receive a unique code to be used in the shop for your ticket(s) and to fill out the MCBP waiver.
Attached are a couple of documents for you to review, two are course maps. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the courses are easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. The 2019 MAXXIS ESC Enduro and DH rules are also attached, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
NO RIDING ON THE ROAD OR CUTTING THROUGH THE CONDOS IN PRACTICE OR DURING THE RACE
OR FACE THE POSSIBILITY OF A DQ
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RACERS MUST HAVE EITHER THEIR LIFT PASS IN PLAIN VIEW. Lift attendants will be scanning the tickets !
All Racers that want to compete in the BOX SHOWDOWN must sign in on the BOX SHOWDOWN Entry Sheet at registration. Failure to do so will exclude you from the competition. Please don’t forget, we really want you to be happy.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you have to chip in and out on the climb.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too! This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 5.
All-Sports Events will be timing the DH this weekend.
The FLY SPEED ZONE will be active during the race for a FLY Helmet to the fastest Amateur Man and Woman. The fastest in every class will receive a cool prize.
2019 MAXXIS ESC Gear is now available onsite, including Socks, Hats, T Shirts and Fenders
Registration: Saturday 9-2 and Sunday 8-9
Race: Sunday: Enduro at 9:00am – DH at 12noon
FRIDAY – Bike park is Open Friday 12:00 noon – 6:00pm and is offering 50% off the MCBP $49.99 lift pass available from MCBP for pre-registered racers only. Courses will be marked. No registration.
SUNDAY – Registration 8:00am-9:00am. Lift runs 9:00am-6:00pm
No pre-riding for enduro– ENDURO RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am.
DH Practice ends at 11:30. DH race starts 12 noon
- CAMPING – Camping for the ESC Box Showdown: There are several full facility campgrounds in the area, overnight parking is allowed in the lower lots across the street from the lifts and lodge.
- NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2019 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Mountain Creek and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY – Yup, ATM onsite
- PARKING – In the Lot
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
- FOOD – Great food onsite !!
- SAFETY – Mountain Creek Rescue.
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete on Sections 4 of the 5 sections to be determined on site. The group will meet at the Maxxis ESC Registration tents at 11:00 Saturday for a group ride. Brad Couture will be leading and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. Parents may NOT ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS. Racers in this class may only race in one event, either DH or enduro but not both.
- AWARDS – Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!