There is an event at Burke Mountain Friday night and there is a charge for the event to be collected in the parking lot. No pit setup allowed until after midnight.
Here’s the details from the Burke Website:
CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY AT BURKE MOUNTAIN
Friday, July 5th,
Enjoy one of the largest fireworks displays in the Northeast Kingdom with TONS of family fun, live music, scenic chairlift rides, and great food all happening at the Sherburne Base Lodge.
-Gates open at 5 pm – $5.00/per person
-Scenic chairlift rides until 7 pm ($5.00/pp)
-Free Bounce House and Children’s Coloring Contest!
-Great Food, Drinks, and Cotton Candy
-Live music by the Nobby Reed Project from 7-10pm.
-Fireworks go off at dusk!
Racers that did not purchase a Saturday Lift Practice Pass at Pre-Registration and want to check in on Saturday will either must purchase a Saturday Practice Pass at registration or show us a Burke Mountain Season Pass before registering on Saturday.
NOTE: All riders must have a Day Ticket or Season Pass to access the Burke Mountain Bike Park during operating hours.
• HELMETS – MUST be worn properly everywhere at all times when on your bike
• Burke mountain does not allow uphill peddling to the top of the Sherburne while the lift is operating.
• To access Stage 5 (Wayne’s world & Black Forest use CCC rd or use lift and hike a bike up ski trail.
• To access Stage 1 lower J-bar use CCCrd or lift and hike a bike or use lift take Draw Bridge to Lower J-bar.
• Self Shuttling is allowed on Friday ONLY
• Burke Mountain Shuttle will run Friday and Saturday for an extra fee. See the schedule below for full details
$100 TIMING CHIPS – We will be using our SIAC Fly By timing system for the enduro event. Please note if you do not return the SIAC Timing Chip you will owe us $100. Yes they cost that much. Other enduro series require the racers to use their own or rent them plus a deposit. We trust our racers until proven otherwise so please make sure to return the chip if you decide to leave early.
Please Note: GPS units on bars or stem may interfere with the SIAC Timing Chip so it’s best not to use one
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. Please review the 2019 MAXXIS ESC Enduro and DH rules on our website, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
Enduro racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
There will be a Burke Mountain paper waiver at registration, everyone needs to fill that along with the attached entry form and ESC waiver.
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the enduro map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it..
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class will win some cool FOX Socks.
Also back this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT and the fastest in every class an FTD backpack with an FTD discount card inside, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too!. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims and the fastest in every class a custom water bottle filled with Clif Products it will be contested on STAGE 3.
Brand New this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program.
Another new program is the SDR Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded with a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing.
• Burke Mountain Open for riding from Noon to 6pm
• Lift Pass cost $42/adult; $30/junior (1/2 day tix start at 2pm – $25/adult; $15/junior)
• The course will be marked
• No Registration at Burke Mountain
• Toll Road is open 8am-8pm, self-shuttling is $5 per trip or $15 for the day.
• Burke Bike Park will have summit shuttle running from 12noon-5pm. $10/ride; or $15/entire day. Purchase tickets separately at bike park rental shop
• Fourth of July festival and fireworks at Burke starting at 5pm with live music featuring Nobby Reed and cost is $5/per person. Fireworks shoot at dusk.
• No Pit / EZUP setup allowed until after midnight.
• Open for riding, tracks open.
• Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 10am-6pm
• No self shuttles
• Burke Bike Park will have summit shuttle running from 10am-5pm. $10/ride.
• Please note shuttle does not operate in thunder storms.
• No pre-riding for the enduro– RACE ONLY
• Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am.
• No shuttles
• Toll Road Closed for Race
• SUPPORT – No support allowed on race days at the top of Burke Mountain. No outside assistance although a fellow racer can assist. No stashes of food, water, tools or parts anytime or anywhere. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
• NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2019 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Blue Mountain and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
· FOOD Blue Mountain’s kitchen will be open for some great food.
· SAFETY – Burke Mountain Rescue.
· CLIF KIDS CLASS –They will compete on Sections 5-1-2 in that order. They can use the lift for stage 1 but not for stage 5. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS.
· AWARDS – Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
• CASH ONLY – Yup
• RESTAURANTS – Burke has several great places to eat but we suggest avoiding the Burke Publick House.
• CAMPING – No camping in the lot. Burke Mountain has a small campground, reservations recommended https://skiburke.com/visit-burke/accommodations/burke-campground/ .
Here’s a link to other campgrounds in the area https://kingdomtrails.org/accommodations-category/campgrounds/
• BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
• COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights (not really but be prepared
• RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
• WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in.