MAXXIS ESC BOX Showdown at Blue Mountain Information
NO SHUTTLING OR YOU WILL BE PENALIZED OR DQ’D FROM THE EVENT !
Race Registration is available onsite – Saturday 9-2 and Sunday 8-9
We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues for DH and Enduro Racing, the trails will be dry and running fast this weekend. Bring your sunscreen and leave the umbrellas home !
If you have not paid for your plate or registration, please note it is CASH only onsite.
There will be a Blue Mountain paper waiver at registration and everyone needs to fill that along with the Maxxis ESC entry form and ESC waiver.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RACERS MUST HAVE EITHER THEIR LIFT PASS IN PLAIN VIEW OR SEASON PASS READY TO SHOW, OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE DQ’D FROM THE EVENT
All Racers that want to compete in the BOX SHOWDOWN must sign in on the BOX SHOWDOWN Entry Sheet at registration. The BOX Showdown is for racers that are competing in both the enduro and the Downhill on Sunday.
Failure to do so will exclude you from the competition. Please don’t forget, we really want you to be happy.
We are sorry but The CLIF Kids U12 may only participate in one event during the weekend.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you must chip in and out on the climb.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too! This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 5.
We have a new timing system this season and it will require a couple of step that you won’t be familiar with. Don’t worry it will all go smooth if you do what’s required to get you split and perfect timing.
Here’s the important steps:
- We will issue a chip holder at registration, these will be taken off by us after your race run. There is a $10 replacement cost for the holders so please don’t lose it. It’s best to affix it to your bike right away so you know where it is all weekend.
- Chip Hand Out will now be handled at the start. We’ll be affixing the Active Chips to your bikes as you’re inline for the start of your race run, so don’t be late!
- Practice ends PROMPTLY at 11:30
- Do Not let your bike get near the starting gate until your race run once the Active Chip is affixed to your bike.
- Come immediately to the race tents after your race run. DO NOT go past us, you MUST STOP and let us remove the Active Chip from your bike.
- Your time will be announced and displayed on the Television immediately
- WARNING: If a racer throws their bike or equipment or acts in a rude manner to any ESC Crew or Officials you will be disqualified!
The FLY SPEED ZONE will be active during the race for a FLY Helmet to the fastest Amateur Man and Woman. The fastest in every class will receive a cool prize.
2018 MAXXIS ESC Gear in now available onsite, including: Socks, Hats, T Shirts and Fenders
FRIDAY – Courses will be marked. No registration.
SATURDAY – Open for practice, tracks open. Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 10-6
SUNDAY – No pre-riding for enduro– RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am. Mandatory DH Racers Meeting at 11:30 DH Practice ends at 11:30. Registration 8am-9am. Lift runs 9-6
- CAMPING – Camping for the ESC Box Showdown: $15 per person for the weekend, in the parking lot, includes restrooms, showers, and fire pits. Firewood available to purchase.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2018 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Blue Mountain and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, ATM onsite
- PARKING– In the Lot
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights (not really)
- RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
- FOOD Blue Mountain’s kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch, their egg sandwiches are pretty darn good.
- SAFETY – Blue Mountain Rescue.
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete on Sections 1,2,4and 5. The will skip Stage 3. 2017’s MAXXIS ESC Pro DH and Enduro Champion Rachel Pageau – will be offering two free one-hour clinics. One for DH and one for enduro at most of our events this season. No sign up required just meet up at the ESC tents. Saturday 12 noon for Enduro and at 1pm for the DH kids. Brooks Nablo’s, 6-year-old son raced with us last year and had a blast. This year Brooks is practice riding, racing and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. Michael Hoffarth has a son racing DH and will do the same as Brooks in our DH series. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration
- AWARDS – as always Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!