We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
The bike park is not open, and their insurance has not been activated for biking yet. The ESC is renting the mountain and our insurance only covers racers. The only trails cleared and safe are the race trails that we cleared ourselves. Only the race trails are open. All other trails are officially closed, sorry.
All Racers that want to compete in the BOX SHOWDOWN must sign in on the BOX SHOWDOWN Entry Sheet at registration. Failure to do so will exclude you from the competition. Please don’t forget, we really want you to be happy.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you have to chip in and out on the climb.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too!. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 5.
There is one big pile of snow midway on Stage One. That must be melted, or we will have to shorten the stage considerably. Do Not attempt to ride across it as it is steep and off camber.
We have a new timing system this season and it will require a couple of step that you won’t be familiar with. Don’t worry it will all go smooth if you do what’s required to get you split and perfect timing.
Here’s the important steps:
· Chip Hand Out will start at 11 am and end at 11:30 We’ll be affixing the Active Chips to you bike at the ESC tents during this time.
· After you have your chip affixed to your bike you may not take another practice run.
· Practice ends PROMPTLY at 11:30
· Do Not let your bike get near the finish line or the starting gate until your race run once the Active Chip is affixed to your bike.
· Come immediately to the race tents after your race run. DO NOT go past us, you MUST STOP and let us remove the Active Chip from your bike.
· Your time will be announced and displayed on the Television immediately
· WARNING: If a racer throws their bike or equipment or acts in a rude manner to any ESC Crew or Officials you will be disqualified!
The FLY SPEED ZONE will be active during the race for a FLY Helmet to the fastest Amateur Man and Woman. The fastest in every class will receive a cool prize.
We will be closing out 2017 ESC Send it ! and 2017 CLIF Enduro East T-shirts and ESC socks by Sock Guy at registration for the discounted price of $10 each or mix and match: 3 for $25.
FRIDAY – Lifts not running
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 9-4
SUNDAY – No pre-riding for enduro– RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am. Downhill Chip Handout starts at 11am. Mandatory DH Racers Meeting at 11:30 DH Practice ends at 11:30
· NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2018 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Plattekill and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
· CASH ONLY – Yup, ATM onsite
· PARKING – Do not park or camp in the upper lot next to the lodge.
· BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
· COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
· RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
· FOOD Plattekill’s kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch, their egg sandwiches are pretty darn good.
· SAFETY – Pattekill Mountain Rescue.
· CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete on Sections 1,2,3 and 5. The will skip Stage 4. 2017’s MAXXIS ESC Pro DH and Enduro Champion Rachel Pageau – will be offering two free one-hour clinics. One for DH and one for enduro at most of our events this season. No sign up required just meet up at the ESC tents. Saturday 12 noon for Enduro and at 1pm for the DH kids. Brooks, 6-year-old son raced with us last year and had a blast. This year he is practice riding, racing and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. Michael has a son racing DH and will do the same as Brooks in our DH series. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration
· AWARDS – as always Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!