MAXXIS ESC Specialized Enduro Series #1 at Diamond Hill, RI – May 2-3, 2020
May 2-3, 2020 MAXXIS SPECIALIZED ESC Enduro Series #1
Starting off the year in early May is the trail network at Diamond Hill. This trail system has been on the schedule in the past, but returns after a two-year hiatus. Coastal temperatures mean this trail system opens up early in the season, however, be sure to bring your mud and rain gear as New England weather can be temperamental this time of year.
The riding at Diamond Hill is challenging, with steep rock slabs and technical wooden features. Some flatter sections will benefit the riders who were dedicated to their training throughout the off-season, as well as the fact that this will be a totally human-powered event. This means pedaling all the transfer stages.
Registration: Saturday 9-2 and Sunday 8-9
Practice: Saturday 9-4
Race: Sunday Enduro 9am
MAXXIS ESC Enduro Racer Categories
CLIF Kids Class 12 and Under
CLIF Enduro Lite
15 And Under
20 And Under Open
Male Pro Open
Female Pro Open
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2020
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
CLIF KIDS U12 = $.01
CLIF Enduro Lite = $65
AMATEURS = $80
PRO = $90
MAXXIS ESC SPECIALIZED ENDURO RACE REGISTRATION
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Refunds are available two up to weeks prior to the event, less $20 Handling fee via Paypal, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until the Wednesday prior to the event. Contact us at email@example.com
- SORRY BUT NO EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICIES
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2020 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2020 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
If you have not paid for your 2020 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and no ATM machines are on site.
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING – Available onsite for $20 but must be reserved online – Details to follow
WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday.
- FRIDAY – Open for public riding, tracks may be marked.
- SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. NO SHUTTLING, Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm
- SUNDAY – No pre-riding – RACE ONLY – NO SHUTTLING. Mandatory Racers Meeting 8:30. Race Start 9am. Registration 8am-9am
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, no ATMs on site either.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- CLIF KIDS CLASS – Will compete one Less Race Section. Our Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
MAXXIS ESC CLIF KIDS CLASS
Racers will not be charged for race registration and will receive a free race day lift pass if applicable. This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro races this class will compete on one less race segment. Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2020 to be eligible.
CLIF ENDURO LITE CLASS
This new for 2020 class will race for a reduced rate thanks to CLIF and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. CLIF ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the CLIF KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginner and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The Clif Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: CLIF Lite Class racers are required to stay with the CLIF Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. CLIF Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
SPECIAL DIAMOND HILL RULES
We hate rules as much as you do but to be able to have an event at Diamond Hill we must enforce the following event-specific rules or the offending racer will be disqualified:
WEAR ORANGE – All other users of State Management Areas and designated undeveloped State Parks (Diamond Hill), including but not limited to: hikers, bikers, and horseback riders are required to wear two hundred (200) square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange from the second Saturday in September to the last day of February (September 8, 2018 – February 28, 2019) and the third Saturday in April to the last day in May, annually (April 20, 2019 – May 31, 2019). This is the law and we will be forced to disqualify any racers not in compliance.
Here’s a list of some places for good eats:
- J’s Deli 2364 Diamond Hill Rd Cumberland
- Saki’s Pizza 2339 Diamond Hill Rd Cumberland
- Ice Cream Machine Diamond Hill Trail Head
- Davenport’s 1070 Mendon Rd Cumberland
- J Grays family Restaurant 405 Mendon Rd Cumberland
- Maplehurst Diner 276 Front St Lincoln
- The Lodge 40 Breakneck Hill Rd Lincoln
Porta Potties onsite
4097 Diamond Hill Rd