September 26-27, 2020 MAXXIS ESC Intense DH Series
Hey Maxxis ESC Intense DH racers, we are super excited to add our second DH visit to Connecticut this coming September 26-27 at Powder Ridge bike Park. We will be racing a different track at this event but still built by Maxxis ESC Pro Racer Jordan Newth. It has a great mix of drops, features, turns and jumps. Racers will need to race them all perfectly to take the win. Expect the closest DH racing in our history.
Connecticut’s first lift-served bike park, the Powder Ridge Mountain Park, and Resort made its debut in 2016 and serves up a variety of gravity fed downhill trails and fun features in addition to the Powder Ridge Air Bag to help get your moves dialed.
Powder Ridge brought in trail masters Dirtsculpt and added 3 new jump lines in 2018. A small, medium, and large line will be available as well as a pump track that the bike park added to its line up. They have also added even more tech trails that can be used for downhill racing.
GETTING TO POWDER RIDGE
Powder Ridge is located in south central Connecticut, just off I-91 and less than 25 minutes from Hartford, New Haven, and Waterbury.
COVID 19: Registration limited to 250 racers per event – Masks requires when social distancing is not possible. Please note there may be other venue-specific restrictions. There will be no Team pits offered due to social distancing.
Event – No official award ceremony but Pros must be available for their group podium picture following their Class results being posted. Pro Racers MUST be present at the Podium Picture to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts! Amateurs will be called up to collect their prizing 15 minutes after their class results are posted, to allow for protests. Our podium and backdrops will be set up for the racers that want to have their picture taken on the podium.
Registration – Is Available Onsite. Please download and fill out all the attached documents prior to getting in the registration line. Only racers registering should be in line with the exception of racers under 18 for them one parent or guardian should be in the registration line. Masks must be worn when registering or in the registration line. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in.
DH Registration 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Lift Spins 12:00noon -7:00pm. DH Track open and marked.
Please visit Powder Ridge Website for Friday Lift passes.
4 Domestic beers of your choice and 40 battered wings for only $40
BBQ & Buffalo, with ranch or blue cheese dressing
9:00am – 1:00pm Intense DH Registration
10:00am – 7:00pm Intense DH Practice
3:00pm – 8:00pm Food and Beverage Special: Night Brick Oven Pizza specials
8:00am – 10am Intense DH Registration
9:00am-11:00am Intense DH Practice
11:30am Intense DH Race Start
Farmers Market all day !!!
2020 MAXXIS ESC INTENSE DOWNHILL CLASSES
• CLIF Kids U12 (12 and under)
• Youth U15 (15 and Under)
• Junior Amateur 15-18 (cat 2/3)
• Men Amateur 19-29 (cat 2/3)
• Veteran Amateur 30-39 (cat 2/3)
• Senior Amateur 40+ (cat 2/3)
• Junior Expert 15-18 (cat1)
• Men Expert 19-29 (cat1)
• Veteran Expert 30-39 (cat1)
• Senior Expert 40+ (cat1)
• Amateur Women (Cat 2/3)
• Masters 50+ (cat 1/2/3)
• Pro/Expert Women (pro and cat1)
• Pro Men (pro)
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2020
NO Racing License Required
CLIF KIDS U12 = $.01 for Sunday Only. Saturday Passes available for $25
AMATEUR AND EXPERT = $85
PRO = $90
ONSITE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE !
Exact cash Only. No change given due to Covid-19
RACE FEES – Include a Saturday and Sunday Lift Passes except Clif Kids U12, they get a race day pass only
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Refunds are available two up to weeks prior to the event, less $20 Handling fee via Paypal, contact us at email@example.com
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Once a refund is issued the same racer cannot re-register online for the same event, but they can onsite subject to availability
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until the Wednesday prior to the event. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SORRY BUT NO EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICIES
Powder Ridge Bike Park COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Powder Ridge will operate at 50% capacity.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be at building entries and at the base of the lift.
- Guests will maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times over the entire property including parking lots and lift areas.
- Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow riders but also to resort employees. All employees will wear appropriate PPE
- Friday Practice Lift passes are available to purchase online only.
- Riders will handle only their own equipment and should not pick up anyone else’s gear
- Rental bikes will be available only through online transactions.
- Renters entering the Rental building must wear a mask.
- Bikes will be cleaned with disinfectant between each rental.
- Bring your own if you can
- Lifts will be limited to one person per chair, every other chair
- Riders must wear a mask or face covering when congregated in the base area and when they enter any building.
- “Wait Here” signs will be spaced 6 feet apart denoting the lift line.
- A gloved lift attendant will load each bike, sanitizing their gloved hands between bikes.
- Riders will load each chair solo unless with a child from their household.
- At the top a gloved attendant will take bikes off the chair and place them in a rack.
- A lift attendant at the top will disinfect the chair
- Open and operational with an increased cleaning and disinfecting schedule
- All guests must wear a mask or face covering while in the base area and inside any building.
- All high traffic surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day.
- Prominent display of multiple signs from the CDC Print Resources page to promote safe behavior, educate and reinforce proper handwashing.
- Restrooms will be “fogged” with disinfectant multiple times per day.
- Employ touchless entry, exit, flushing and faucets where possible.
- On the restaurant level, restroom traffic is one-way. Enter on the Southwest side (closest to lift three) and exit through the tavern.
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2020 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2020 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
If you have not paid for your 2020 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and ATM machines are on site.
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
CAMPING – $25/night Regular Site (22’x25′) for a tent/car/van and $34/night Large Site (22’x50′) for a RV/Trailer with a max 6 persons per site as per the health board.
Sites will be marked off in the upper tiers of parking at Powder Ridge. Please purchase camping in advance.
NO OPEN FIRES AT ALL!!
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a Powder Ridge waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
We will be offering our 2020 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2020 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate, please.
- CASH ONLY– Exact Change Only
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- CLIF KIDS CLASS –No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS.
MAXXIS ESC CLIF KIDS CLASS
Racers will not be charged for race registration and will receive a free race day lift pass if applicable. This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go-arounds for features will be available. Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2020 to be eligible.
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED
AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!