September 25-26, 2021 MAXXIS ESC BOX SHOWDOWN at Jiminy Peak, MA
MAXXIS ESC Enduro Series – Enduro World Series Qualifying Event
MAXXIS ESC Intense Downhill Series
Jiminy Peak Bike Park jumps right back into the series with the last Box Showdown of the series, hosting both a downhill and enduro race over the same weekend. This resort hasn’t seen an Eastern States Cup since 2015 and will be stoked to showcase all of their great riding.
The big news is the Maxxis ESC Enduro is inscribed as an EWS Qualification Round and will carry 125% Maxxis ESC Enduro Series Points
This resort has a higher percentage of technical terrain than its fellow Western Massachusetts bike park, Thunder Mountain. There is no such thing as a machine-built flow or jump trail at this bike park. Every run has a narrow corridor, was hand-built, and tends to use the steepest route down the mountain. Jiminy will provide some great options for a day full of two-wheeled racing.
3pm – 5pm Registration
10:00am – 5:00pm Sugarloaf Lift spins – Passes available onsite from Sugarloaf for a discounted price of $40
9am – 2pm Registration
Intense DH and Enduro Practice 10:00am – 5:00pm
7:30am – 9am Late Registration
Box showdown Start 8:00am
Enduro Race Start 8:30am – No Practice
Intense DH Practice 9:00am-11:15am
Intense DH Race Start 11:30am
MAXXIS ESC Enduro Ranking Points: This event and all 2020 Maxxis ESC / EWS events offer 125% Maxxis ESC Enduro Series Points
2021 MAXXIS ESC ENDURO CLASSES
• KATES Kids Class (12 and Under)
• KATES Enduro Lite Class
• 15 And Under
• 20 And Under Open
• 40+ Open
• Masters 50+
• Female Amateur
• Male Pro Open
• Female Pro Open
Motorex E-Bike Class Not available at this venue
2021 MAXXIS ESC INTENSE DOWNHILL CLASSES
• KATES Kids U12 (12 and under)
• Youth U15 (15 and Under)
• Junior Amateur 15-18 (cat 2/3)
• Men Amateur 19-29 (cat 2/3)
• Veteran Amateur 30-39 (cat 2/3)
• Senior Amateur 40+ (cat 2/3)
• Junior Expert 15-18 (cat1)
• Men Expert 19-29 (cat1)
• Veteran Expert 30-39 (cat1)
• Senior Expert 40+ (cat1)
• Amateur Women (Cat 2/3)
• Masters 50+ (cat 1/2/3)
• Pro/Expert Women (pro and cat1)
• Pro Men (pro)
MAXXIS ESC Racing Age is the racers age on December 31, 2021
NO Racing License Required
Early Bird Pricing – Prices Increase $10 three weeks prior to the event
KATES KIDS U12 = TBA
KATES Enduro Lite = TBA
AMATEURS = TBA
PRO = TBA
PRO = TBA
Late/Onsite pricing is $15 more than Online entry rates
RACE FEES – Include a Saturday Practice LiftPass and a Sunday Race Lift Pass and
MAXXIS ESC BOX SHOWDOWN RACE REGISTRATION
ENDURO and INTENSE DH
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE EVENT
By registering, it is unequivocally understood that the participant(s) does not have any COVID19 indicators or signs/symptoms that would prohibit participation.
- No COVID symptoms, no signs and/or symptoms for 30 days
- Has not traveled out of the country in the last 30 days
- Has not encountered anyone who was infected with COVID19 in the last 30 days
- Has diligently followed CDC guidelines to prevent contraction of COVID19
Once we are sure we can host the event without restrictions
MAXXIS ESC RACE REGISTRATION
- Race Registration Opens two weeks prior to each event.
- Race Registration includes a Sunday Lift Pass at Lift Assisted events
- Discounted Saturday Lift Passes are available to Registered Racers Only
- On-Line Registration closes the Wednesday Prior to Event at 11:59pm
- Late Onsite Registration will be $15 more and CASH ONLY
MAXXIS ESC RACE REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
- Refunds are not available for any registrations
- Race entries cannot be transferred to a different event
- Race entries can be transferred to another person for a $20 handling fee until Wednesday Prior to Event 11:59pm
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Transfers
MAXXIS ESC Number Plates:
All registered racers must use a 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate anytime they are on course including their race run and practice.
Only registered racers with 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plates are allowed on the Race Course.
2021 MAXXIS ESC number plates are available at every race for $10.00 each.
These plates can be reused by racers at all 2021 MAXXIS ESC races.
Previous year’s plates are not allowed to be used.
Modifications will/can result in disqualification. Lettering/Logos MUST be 100% Intact. NO CUTS!!
If you have not paid for your 2021 Maxxis ESC number plate, please note it is CASH only and ATM machines are on site.
Enduro Racers will be charged the replacement cost of $100.00 for broken, lost or non-returned timing chips
Enduro Racers must be present at the racers meeting where we will activate their chips
DH Racers MUST be at the start for their posted start time, racers not at the start for their scheduled start time will be disqualified from the day’s competition if their Maxxis ESC Racer’s DH class results have been posted at the finish or registration area
Please drive slowly through the neighborhood while visiting our venues, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the enduro race.
Sugarloaf is offering Maxxis ESC races a lodging discount for Hotel rooms or condos. https://www.sugarloaf.com/booklodging?pid=20608#/room
CAMPING – Vehicle Camping available onsite. Due to local restrictions tent camping is not allowed. Sleeping in your RV, Car, Trailer etc is allowed and will offered for $25/vehicle for the weekend. The camping fee is payable onsite only
All racers must sign a MAXXIS ESC and a venue waiver prior to practicing or registering at all events. Racers under 18 must have a parent sign their waiver or supply a notarized parental signed copy. No other methods are allowed.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of course set up and we really want to ride our bikes too !
We will be offering our 2021 Maxxis ESC Socks, Pint Glasses and T Shirts at our registration tents, please remember its cash only
- NO SHUTTLING– That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- NUMBER PLATES– Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2021 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- CASH ONLY– Yup, ATMs on site.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
- KATES KIDS CLASS – For DH the KATES Kids Class will do the same track. For the KATES Kids Class Enduro they will compete on one Less Race Section. Our Enduro Staff will conduct a course ride along on Saturday at 2. Meet at the Registration Tents. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS
BOX COMPONENTS SHOWDOWNS
The “BOX Showdown” weekends will feature both Enduro and Down Hill races at the largest resorts on our schedule. BOX Components and the MAXXIS ESC will present high end prizing for the top three men and women that race both Enduro and Downhill during the weekend.
RACERS MUST FILL OUT THE BOX SHOWDOWN SHEET AT THE ENDURO TIMING DESK PRIOR TO THE START OF THE FIRST RACE OF THE EVENT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR BOX EAST COAST SHOWDOWN POINTS AND PRIZES
KATES KIDS CLASS
- The Kate’s Kids Class preregistration fee is 100% Refunded after a parent volunteers and completes course marshaling for the race on Sunday.
- We’ll get you on course, give you an ESC Official’s T-Shirt, and an official ESC whistle. All you need is a fun attitude and a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Late or onsite registrations will incur the $10 late fee.
- This class will do the same DH tracks as the pros, go-arounds for features will be available. In the Enduro racers in this class will compete on one less race segment.
Racers must be 12 or younger on December 31, 2021 to be eligible.
KATES ENDURO LITE CLASS
This class will race for a reduced rate thanks to Kates Real Food and the MAXXIS Eastern States Cup. KATES ENDURO LITE Racers will compete on one less stage and race with the KATES KIDS CLASS. This class is meant for beginner and new to enduro racers to experience what the enduro racing excitement is all about. Racers will get a total race time and a race time for each segment. The class will not compete for Maxxis ESC Podiums, Prizes or a Series Championship. This is the for the FUN Class!! The KATES Enduro Lite format will offer four fun tracks to entertain all levels of riders but will focus primarily on women, kids and first-timers. The emphasis will not be on results or prizes but on learning and having fun with like-minded mountain bike riders.
PLEASE NOTE: KATES Lite Class racers are required to stay with the KATES Kids Class and race the segments in the same order. KATES Enduro Lite Class Racers may only compete in enduro at our Box Showdown Events.
Enduro Racers MUST hand in their timing chips within 15 minutes after finishing the last stage or they will be penalized 1 minute, after 30 minutes racers will be DQ’d from the event
Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony
to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!
PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY EASTERN STATES CUP EVENT!