at Thunder Mountain / Charlemont Fairgrounds
Thank You for registering for the second GT Junior XC Challenge of 2021.
Onsite registrations will be available.
Please review the start times as they have been adjusted for the course length and to ensure a clear course for all the XC racers
Please drive slowly through neighborhood while visiting Thunder Mountain, we do not want to upset the neighbors and please visit the local restaurants and let them know you are there because of the race.
- Camping is offered at the Charlemont Fairgrounds. Sites are limited and will sell out; it is being offered on a first come / first served basis. Participants will be able to overnight there on Friday and Saturday Only.
- The fee is per vehicle with up to 4 persons per vehicle, one vehicle equals one camping site.
• Friday and Saturday $40/ cars trucks – $50 RV/Trailer
• Friday or Saturday Only $25/ cars trucks – $35 RV/Trailer
• Cash only onsite only – No reservations or holds – No ATM onsite
- Directions to Charlemont Fairgrounds: The fairgrounds are located .25 mile on 8A north off of route 2. Follow 8A until you come to a covered bridge (Bissell Bridge) and take a right up the hill before crossing the bridge. Most GPS devices should find Charlemont Fairgrounds if you search. Don’t type in the actual address as it will not lead you where you need to go.
- The fairgrounds will be open starting at 5:30pm on Friday. Please don’t set-up before that or with out our attendant directing you to your camping location. If you do you will have to move.
- No alcohol, open fires or fireworks are allowed at the fairgrounds. No electrical or RV hookups exist, but it is a beautiful old New England fairground with plenty of places to park your rig or setup a tent.
- There will be a Junior XC race at the fairgrounds on Saturday, so space is limited
WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday. The forms are attached and will be available onsite too.
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Trails Opened, course marked.
3:00pm Camping Opens
8:00am – 9:30am Late XC Registration
XC RACE SCHEDULE *please note times and the number of laps is subject to change
10 and under class
Start time 10:00 am: 10 & under – 3 laps (estimated completion time 11:00 am)
13 and under classes
Start time 11:15 am: Boys 11-13 – 6 laps (estimated completion time 12:30 am)
Start time 11:20 am: Girls 11-13 – 6 laps (estimated completion time 12:45 am)
14 – 15 classes
Start time 1:00pm: Boys 14 – 15 – 8 laps (estimated completion time 2:00pm)
Start time 1:05pm: Girls 14 – 15 – 8 laps (estimated completion time 2:15 pm)
16 – 18 classes
Start time 2:30 pm: Boys 16 – 18 – 10 laps (estimated completion time 3:30 pm)
Start time 2:35 pm: Girls 16 – 18 – 10 laps (estimated completion time 3:45 pm)
- CASH ONLY –ATMs on site
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there !!