The State of the Maxxis ESC Series 2020 as of July 10

Hello Maxxis ESC Community,


I hope you, your families and loved ones are safe and healthy during this difficult time. We miss you all so much, as the Maxxis ESC Community and our great sport are our passions. We have two  race weekends that will be happening! The Blue Mountain Box Showdown featuring a Saturday enduro and a Sunday DH race on July 18-19. We disliked not having both races on Sunday but with the restrictions in place it was impossible to do so. And we have an enduro at Glen Park on Sunday July 26. Registration is currently open for those two event weekends. We have removed all events after that and will keep registrations for those events closed until we are sure we can actually have them as scheduled. If you don’t see an event on our website schedule’s then it’s either not happening of we are working on making sure it can happen.


Pennsylvania allows for larger gatherings presently, however some states are progressing slower than others and there is no way of knowing when the states will increase gathering sizes or reduce restrictions.


Please note we may have to alter our events to comply with the current local restrictions, for instance the Maxxis ESC Specialized DH Series might copy the World Cup and have double race weekends at the same venue and possibly the same track with a later start on Saturdays to allow for more practice time.

For the Maxxis ESC Enduro Series we may have to split the classes with half the classes racing on Saturday and half on Sunday, depending on the allowable group size in the state. Friday would be the only day to practice unfortunately.


We will follow all guidelines issued by the CDC and the individual states for mask usage and social distancing. Onsite registration may be limited or non-existent and there will be a hard cap on entries.


All season passholders and pre-registered racers will be made whole. Please bear with us as the series has invested almost $40,000 into the 2020 season and unfortunately have no current income. We will announce a plan as soon as we can resume racing but it most likely will include the option to transfer or a refund. Please be aware if we issue a refund for an event, that racer may not re-register online for the same event and with the possibility of no onsite registration the racer could be locked out of that event.


For racers who have already registered for a postponed event, the entries will be automatically applied to the new dates, so no action is required. Registered racers who are unable to attend the rescheduled dates will have the option to transfer their entry to a future event.


We are presently transferring entries from the Mountain Creek EWS enduro, the Diamond Hill enduro and the Sugarbush DH and enduro to either Blue Mountain or Glen Park only. All transfers must be requested at a week before the event start.


We are not sure of the final number of events we will be able to host for each discipline but we have posted a table on both the DH and the Enduro ESC webpages explaining the number of racers we will count for the overall series placements. Please check them out.


Unfortunately, we are forced to revert to our 2019 Pro Class payouts for each race. We have placed a table of the final standing payouts based on the number of 2020 events on those webpages too. In 2021 we will implement the increases we hoped to offer in 2020.


The best place to stay up to date on changes is on the Maxxis ESC website:


Finally, Chris, I and the entire crew would like to thank the awesome Maxxis ESC Community for your support and understanding throughout these tremendously difficult time.