We are excited to heading back to one of our long-time venues for DH
October 19-20, 2019 MAXXIS ESC INTENSE DH FINALS
Double Points – Counts as one race
MAXXIS ESC Intense Downhill Series #8
This Race is open to all racers even if it’s your first one !!
Friday: 7pm-?? Course walk, bring your own beverages and headlamps
Saturday: Registration: 9-2 Sunday 8-9
Saturday: Balance Bike Fun at the ESC tents
Saturday: Practice 9-4 and after seeding to 5pm
Saturday: 4pm Seeding for Pro Men, Pro Women and JrX
Sunday: Balance Bike Fun at the ESC tents
Sunday: Registration: 8-9
Sunday: Practice 9-11:30
Sunday: Race Dh at 12 Noon
Sunday: Lift Closes 3pm
HELMETS – MUST be worn properly everywhere at all times when on your bike including balance bike riders
If you have not paid for camping, plate or registration, please note it is CASH only.
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow., Please review the 2019 MAXXIS ESC Intense DH rules on our website, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
There will be a Plattekill Mountain paper waiver at registration, everyone needs to fill that along with the attached entry form and ESC waiver.
PLEASE NOTE: Plattekill Bike Park is closed Friday and no riding is allowed at the venue. We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
The ESC is renting the mountain and our insurance only covers racers. The only trails cleared and safe are the marked race trails. Only the race trails are open. All other trails are officially closed, sorry.
Camping will be allowed starting at 6pm Friday. Onsite the fee is $20/vehicle until registration closes at 2pm Saturday. It will be $40 after that.
We will be checking for camping passes Saturday Night if you don’t have one you will be asked to leave the event.
$100 DH TIMING CHIPS – We will be using our SIAC Fly By timing system for the seeding runs. Please note if you do not return the SIAC Timing Chip you will owe us $100. Yes they cost that much. Chip Handout will take place at the top of the mountain before your seeding run. After you finish your seeding run please go immediately to the ESC tents to return the chip and get your results on the TV display on the ESC trailer.
Please Note: GPS units on bars or stem may interfere with the SIAC Timing Chip so it’s best not to use one
Race Timing will be performed by All Sports Event, the great folks that we used after the first few races last season. Also back is the FLY SPEED ZONE that awards prizing for the fastest racers through the radar speed trap.
Please review the DH rules on the Easternstatescup.com website especially regarding reruns so there is no confusion on that matter.
Brand New this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program
One new rule change for all racers but will mostly impact the DH racers is, we are not allowing goggle tear-offs at any time during the events.
2019 MAXXIS ESC Gear in now available onsite, including: Socks, Hats, Pint Glasses, and Fenders.
T-Shirt Close out $5 each but only small sizes left.
FRIDAY – Lifts not running – NO RIDING !!!
SATURDAY – Open for riding, track open.
Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 9-5
SUNDAY –8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am.
DH – Practice 9-11:30 Race Start at noon
Lift runs 9-3
- NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2019 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Plattekill and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in.
- CASH ONLY – Yup, ATM onsite
- PARKING – In the lot.
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
- FOOD Plattekill’s kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch, their egg sandwiches are pretty darn good.
- SAFETY – Pattekill Mountain Rescue.
- CLIF KIDS CLASS –Parents may NOT ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- AWARDS – Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies and at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!