Thank You for registering for the Second MAXXIS ESC Box Components Showdown of the season featuring the second Intense DH and the fourth Specialized Enduro of 2019. We are excited to be heading back to one of our most popular venues and are really looking forward to seeing our DH friends after the long winter. In addition to our normal two racing formats we will be holding our third EBIKE event of the season Saturday at 4pm.
If you have not paid for your 2019 Maxxis ESC number plate or registration, please note it is CASH only.
THE EBIKE RACE WILL TAKE PLACE AT 4PM SATURDAY AND ENDURO RACE SECTIONS 1 AND 3 WILL BE CLOSED BETWEEN 3:00-4:30 FOR ENDURO PRACTICE DURING THE RACE.
$100 TIMING CHIPS – We will be using our SIAC Fly By timing system for the enduro event. Please note if you do not return the SIAC Timing Chip you will owe us $100. Yes they cost that much. Other enduro series require the racers to use their own or rent them plus a deposit. We trust our racers until proven otherwise so please make sure to return the chip if you decide to leave early.
Please Note: GPS units on bars or stem may interfere with the SIAC Timing Chip so it’s best not to use one
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. Please review the 2019 MAXXIS ESC Enduro and DH rules on our website, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
All attached forms must be filled out even if you preregistered. Print them out, fill them in and save time.
There will be a Blue Mountain paper waiver at registration, everyone needs to fill that along with the attached entry form and ESC waiver.
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the enduro map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it. The 2019 MAXXIS ESC Enduro rules are also attached, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work to get done.
The BOX Components Showdowns are contested within the Maxxis ESC. The seven 2019 “BOX Showdown” weekends will feature both Enduro and Down Hill races at the largest resorts on our schedule. The ESC will combine results from racers that compete in both disciplines.
BOX Components and the ESC will present high end prizing for the top three men and women that race both Enduro and Downhill during the weekend.
The festival atmosphere will bring together racers that haven’t met before, which will result in great fun for all.
Timing will be performed by All Sports Event, the great folks that we used after the first few races last season. Also back is the FLY SPEED ZONE that awards prizing for the fastest racers through the radar speed trap.
Please review the DH rules on the Easternstatescup.com website especially regarding reruns so there is no confusion on that matter.
Brand New this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program
One new rule change for all racers but will mostly impact the DH racers is, we are not allowing goggle tear-offs at any time during the events.
ENDURO SECTION #3 WILL CLOSE AT 3PM SATURDAY FOR THE EBIKE RACE
NO SHUTTLING ALLOWED SATURDAY OR SUNDAY
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class will win some cool FOX Socks.
Also back this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT and the fastest in every class an FTD backpack with an FTD discount card inside, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too!. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims and the fastest in every class a custom water bottle filled with Clif Products it will be contested on STAGE 3.
Brand New this season is the INTENSE BIKES PODIUM PAYBACK Program that pays cash or certificates to racers that have raced with an Intense bike and have registered with Intense here: https://intensecycles.com/pages/podium-payback-program.
Another new program is the SDR Rewards, any time a men’s amateur class exceeds 50 racers or the women’s amateur class exceeds 20 that class will be awarded with a cash prize in addition to the regular product prizing.
The Ebike race will be held Saturday at 4pm. THE E-BIKE RACE WILL TAKE PLACE AT 4PM SATURDAY AND ENDURO RACE SECTIONS 1-2 WILL BE CLOSED FOR ENDURO PRACTICE DURING THE RACE.
The EBIKE race will be run as follows:
- Mass Start
- Start midpoint on ski slope
- Transfer to enduro stage 3
- Down enduro stage 3
- Finish end of stage 3
2019 MAXXIS ESC Gear in now available onsite, including: Socks, Hats, T Shirts and Fenders.
FRIDAY –Courses will be marked. No registration. Lift runs 12-5:45pm. $35 passes
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. Registration at Blue Mountain at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Lift runs 9-5:45pm
ENDURO – No pre-riding for the enduro– RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am.
DH – practice 9-11 Race Start at 11:30
- TEAM PITS – In the parking lots are free. Premier 20×20 space available by the lift/bike shop are $50 for the weekend. Only 4 still available. No camping allowed in team pit area. Contact Chuck at email@example.com or call 484.619.1863
- HELMETS – MUST be worn properly everywhere at all times when on your bike
- CAMPING – Parking lot camping is available Friday and Saturday nights, $15
per person for the weekend, under 12 free, showers and fire rings are included, rest rooms available in Adventure. Center from 7pm-7am, camping in Valley parking lots. Racers my also opt to use the regular camp sites in tubing for $35 a night subject to availability. These can be booked through Blue Mountain and can sell out. Go to https://www.skibluemt.com/outdoor/camping/ for info.
- NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2019 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Blue Mountain and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
- WAIVERS / REGISTRATION FORMS – All racers must check in at registration and fill out the registration and waiver forms before riding the trails after 9am Saturday. Minors will need to have their waivers notarized if their parent will not be present at registration check-in.
- NO SHUTTLING – That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling, you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
- CASH ONLY – Yup, ATM onsite
- PARKING – In the Lot
- BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
- COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
- RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
- FOOD Blue Mountain’s kitchen will be open for some great food.
- SAFETY – Blue Mountain Rescue.
- CLIF KIDS CLASS –They will compete on Sections 4-5-1-2 in that order. The group will meet at the Maxxis ESC Registration tents at 12 noon Saturday for a group ride. Brooks Nablo’s and Brad Couture will be leading and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration. No parents may ride with or run behind their children unless they are registered racers – NO EXCEPTIONS. Racers in this class may only race in one event, either DH or enduro but not both.
- AWARDS – Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!