MAXXIS ESC BOX Showdown #5 at Mountain Creek Bike Park – Vernon, NJ
Thank You for registering for the 5th BOX Showdown of 2018. We are excited to heading back to one of our most popular venues for DH and Enduro Racing, this will be our first race back at MCBP after a one year hiatus.
If you have not paid for your plate, registration and/or Saturdays Lift Pass, please note it is CASH only onsite.
There will be a MCBP paper waiver at registration and everyone needs to fill that along with the attached entry form and ESC waiver.
We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the courses are easy to follow, so if you want one please print it.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have a lot of set up and course work
to get done.
NO RIDING ON THE ROAD OR CUTTING THROUGH THE CONDOS OR FACE THE POSSIBILITY OF A DQ
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RACERS MUST HAVE EITHER THEIR LIFT PASS IN PLAIN VIEW. Lift attendants will be scanning the tickets !
All Racers that want to compete in the BOX SHOWDOWN must sign in on the BOX SHOWDOWN Entry Sheet at registration. Failure to do so will exclude you from the competition. Please don’t forget, we really want you to be happy.
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you have to chip in and out on the climb.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too! This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 5.
All-Sports Events will be timing the DH this weekend.
The FLY SPEED ZONE will be active during the race for a FLY Helmet to the fastest Amateur Man and Woman. The fastest in every class will receive a cool prize.
2018 MAXXIS ESC Gear in now available onsite, including: Socks, Hats, T Shirts and Fenders. T Shirts are on sale for $15 !
Registration: Saturday 9-2 and Sunday 8-9
Race: Sunday: Enduro at 9:00am – DH at 12noon
FRIDAY – Bike park is Open Friday 12:00 noon – 7:00pm and is offering 50% off the MCBP $47 lift pass available from MCBP for pre registered racers only. Courses will be marked. No registration.
SATURDAY – Open for riding, tracks open. Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9:00am-2:00pm. Lift runs 9:00am – 7:00pm
SUNDAY – Registration 8:00am-9:00am. Lift runs 9:00am-5:00pm
No pre-riding for enduro– ENDURO RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Enduro Meeting 8:30. Enduro Race Start 9am.
DH Practice ends at 11:30. DH race starts 12 noon
• CAMPING – Camping for the ESC Box Showdown: There are several full facility campgrounds in the area, overnight parking is allowed in the lower lots across the street from the lifts and lodge.
• NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2018 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Plattekill and your lift pass must be visibly attached to your bike. You will not be allowed to ride without both. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
• CASH ONLY – Yup, ATM onsite
• PARKING – In the Lot
• BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
• COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
• RAIN – Don’t even go there!!
• SAFETY – Mountain Creek Rescue.
• CLIF KIDS CLASS – We will decide onsite what stages the class will skip if any. CLIF Kids can only race one discipline per weekend. 2017’s MAXXIS ESC Pro DH and Enduro Champion Rachel Pageau – will be offering two free one-hour clinics. One for DH and one for enduro at most of our events this season. No sign up required just meet up at the ESC tents. Saturday 12 noon for Enduro and at 1pm for the DH kids. Brooks, 6-year-old son raced with us last year and had a blast. This year he is practice riding, racing and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. Michael has a son racing DH and will do the same as Brooks in our DH series. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration.
AWARDS – as always Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!