MAXXIS ESC Enduro #7 at Victory Hill, Victory, VT
Thank You for registering for the 7th MAXXIS ESC Enduro of 2018. We are excited to heading to a popular enduro only race venue. This round will feature 6 race stages and the FOX Transfer Seatpost Challenge. We have plenty of spots available at onsite registration, so invite your friends !
If you have not paid for your plate or registration, please note it is CASH only and no ATM machines are on site.
Attached are a couple documents for you to review, one is the map. We will NOT have printed maps for this event as the course is easy to follow, so if you want one please print it.
Please fill out the Registration Form and Waivers, it’ll save you some time. Yes even if you pre reg’d you still need to fill out the forms.
The 2018 MAXXIS ESC Enduro rules are also attached, there have been some changes, so it would be best to read everything.
We will be onsite Friday afternoon but please understand we cannot do any registration on Friday. We have to set up the starts and finishes and we really want to ride our bike too !
Victory Hill is the only privately owned non-ski area on the Maxxis ESC schedule. The owners have a clear vision of developing Victory Hill into a destination spot. They’ve worked with Knight Ide in developing the trails at the location into an enduro hotbed. We’re thankful and excited to be offering our third Maxxis ESC Enduro on Victory Hill trails this weekend.
At this stop we’ll be racing on 6 Stages with some trails we have never braced on before. The climbs are relatively easy while the descents are technical and filled with features. Knight has been busy building at Victory Hill and we’ll reap the rewards! The tracks will be taped and open starting Friday for the racers that want to get some additional practice in.
On Saturday morning the VT3 Stage race will be racing at Victory. This exciting two lap race concludes at 12:30. Maxxis ESC racers will be able to access the race trails on a rolling basis as the VT3 racers finish their race. All trails will be accessible starting at 12:30pm, practice will conclude at dusk Saturday evening. All this should make for a festival style weekend.
Camping is a very reasonable $10 per vehicle for Saturday Night, payable at the Maxxis ESC tents. Camping Tags will be issued. Vehicles without a camping tag onsite Saturday 8pm will be charged the camping fee plus a $10 late charge or asked to leave the property. Of course, we don’t want to deal with that so please pay at registration. Camping tags are available on the pre-registration page or onsite. Please make sure to pick up your Saturday camping pass at Registration.
Attendance is always great at Victory and it’s no difference this year so PLEASE pre-register to ensure yourself a starting spot for the event.
Join us Saturday for the 4pm to 7pm sampling at the 10th Annual Burke Bike n’ Brew at Burke Mountain featuring live music, riding, bike games and sampling some of the best beers Vermont has to offer! They’ll also be pouring Rookies Root beer for designated drivers and kids of all ages. Maxxis ESC Racers get in for the discounted rate of $20!!
Back is the FOX Seatpost Climbers Challenge. We’ll award the fastest amateur a FOX Transfer Seatpost and the fastest in every class some cool FOX Socks. Remember you must chip in and out on the climb. The contest will be held at the first transfer of the day. Please do not chip in and out except on your first pass.
New this year is the FLAT TIRE DEFENDER Super Stage. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a one FLAT TIRE DEFENDER INSERT, it will be contested on STAGE 1.
The ALEX RIMS Super Stage is back too!. This competition awards the fastest amateur male and amateur female a pair of Alex Rims Volar rims, it will be contested on STAGE 5.
We will be selling 2018 Maxxis ESC socks, hats, and fenders at the registration area all weekend.
FRIDAY – Courses are marked. From Victory Hill Sector: Racers riding passes for Friday are included with race registratiom. Racers need to bring their Maxxis ESC Number Plate to Carol’s house at 2428 Victory Hill Rd, fill out waivers, and get wristband day passes. Otherwise they’ll get busted.
SATURDAY – Registration at the MAXXIS ESC Tents 9am-2pm. Stages open on a rolling basis once the last VT3 racer has passed. All stages will be open no later than 12:30 pm
SUNDAY – No pre-riding – RACE ONLY Mandatory Racers Meeting 8:30. Race Start 9am. Registration 8am-9am
• PARKING – If the lots are full please park legally on the street, do not block driveways, hydrants and lock your car. No EZ Ups allowed on the streets.
• CAMPING –Primitive Camping is in the field is a very reasonable $10 per vehicle for Saturday Night, payable at the Maxxis ESC tents. Camping Tags will be issued. Vehicles without a camping tag onsite Saturday 8pm will be charged the camping fee plus a $10 late charge or asked to leave the property. Of course, we don’t want to deal with that so please pay at registration. Camping tags are available on the pre-registration page or onsite. Please make sure to pick up your Saturday camping pass at Registration. There are no services or potable water available onsite but 4 Porta-Pottys will be on site.
• NO SHUTTLING – That goes for all weekend for everyone. If you are seen/reported/caught/whatever shuttling you will be assessed a time penalty. Trust us you will not be on the podium if you try, so don’t.
• NUMBER PLATES – Will be sold at registration for $10 each. A 2018 MAXXIS ESC Number Plate must be affixed correctly to your bike always while on the tracks this weekend at Victory Hill. You will not be allowed to ride without one. No cuts or trimming allowed on the plate please.
• CASH ONLY – Yup, no ATMs on site either, but within a couple miles
• BUG SPRAY – You will want it and please don’t ask for ours…lol
• COLD – Temps expected in the 30’s overnights
• RAIN – Don’t even go there !!
• SAFETY – Calex Search and Rescue will be on site for practice and racing.
• BURKE MOUNTAIN HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER – Is offering a terrific deal to racers Use promo code: BIKECLUB for the discount. Check out their offerings here: http://skiburke.com/visit-burke/accommodations/burkemountainhotel/
• BURKE MOUNTAIN BIKE ’N BREW – Join us Saturday for the 4pm to 7pm sampling at the 10th Annual Burke Bike n’ Brew at Burke Mountain featuring live music, riding, bike games and sampling some of the best beers Vermont has to offer! They’ll also be pouring Rookies Root beer for designated drivers and kids of all ages. Maxxis ESC Racers get in for the discounted rate of $20!!
• CLIF KIDS CLASS –compete on Sections 1,2,3 and 4 and 6. The will skip Stage 5. 2017’s MAXXIS ESC Pro DH and Enduro Champion Rachel Pageau – will be offering a free one-hour clinic for enduro at most of our events this season. No sign up required just meet up at the ESC tents. Saturday 1pm for Enduro. Brooks, 6-year-old son raced with us last year and had a blast. This year he is practice riding, racing and following the enduro kids to make sure they are safe. The above may be adjusted, so please check with us at Registration
• AWARDS – as always Racers MUST be present at the Series Final Award Ceremonies or at the Race Award Ceremony to Receive Awards and/or Cash Payouts!